POLK

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

asam
Expert

POLK

Post by asam »

My girlfriend has 2 12" polk audio subs that say momo or something like that on them and a polk carbon series amp. What is polk? never heard of it. Is this good stuff because she will give them to me cause i just blew my sub :( . They a really new and if they are good Ill use them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Polk has been around for years.
The Momo Polk series are supposed to be their higher end stuff which is licensed to carry the Momo racing parts brand name.

For perfoamance and sound quality, they are about on par with the Apline Type R or Type S subwoofers.
They're quite good, but not higher end sound quality woofers like JL W6 or W7, so don't expect them to perform as such.

If they're free, use them, you won't be disapointed if they are in a box that they work well in.

Cliff
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: POLK

Post by daewooluvr »

asam wrote:My girlfriend has 2 12" polk audio subs that say momo or something like that on them and a polk carbon series amp. What is polk? never heard of it. Is this good stuff because she will give them to me cause i just blew my sub :( . They a really new and if they are good Ill use them. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Alex
Hey ALex, yeah they're pretty decent.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Lowzero2

Post by Lowzero2 »

I give polk 2 thumbs up, although the momo series is not the most efficient in their line, but do carry a higher price tag. Great for FREE! My favorite brand is A/D/S.

Steve in NY
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Thanks for the info

Alex
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Got them hooked up and they sound great. :D Just need a new battery to complete my system. Going for the yellow top optima.