New owner... need help

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

2002sv650s

New owner... need help

Post by 2002sv650s »

I just bought a 2001 Daewoo Leganza CDX and I am having problems with my CD player. The screen shows that there is a cassette in the player, but I cannot get it to play the CD's. I have tried everything that I can think of, but have come up to no conclusions as to why I can't get the CD's to play....

Any help is appreciated.

Sharon :)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

First of all:
1) Is there actually a cassette stuck inside it?
2) Do you have the radio security code card in your owner's manual fold-out booklet?

If there is no cassette actually stuck inside, I would suggest disconnecting the battery cable for a few minutes to see if power resetting the radio helps.
If you do not want to disconnect the battery and want to only disconnect the radio itself, you can remove the radio and disconnect the wiring harness from the back.

This may reset the radio so it no longer says there is a cassette inside.

If there is a cassette stuck inside, you may want to take it to a car stereo shop to have them try to fix it.

You may just upgrade your radio to an aftermarket unit, like most people do.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to help, as will most everyone else on this forum.

Good luck,
Cliff
2002sv650s

Post by 2002sv650s »

I think I forgot to mention that my problem is with my 6 disc CD changer in the trunk of my car.

There is no cassette stuck in the player, I am able to put it in and take it out with no problem.

I don't have an owners manual, I bought the car used and I did not receive an owners manual nor was there a cassette for the 6 disc changer.. I had to call Daewoo in Ontario, CA to get one sent to me and this is how I found out the player is not working.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

i HAVE A 2001 Leganza CDX also. I will sell my old stock CD player. email me if you are interested. it works perfectly and was only used for about 2 months. Needed a new stereo for my amps.

Alex
2002sv650s

Post by 2002sv650s »

Thanks for the offer :)

I am interested in finding out HOW I can check to see of the 6 disc player is bad, I don't want to have to buy another one and then find out it is the wiring that is bad.

Any help :)
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Is there any way you can remove the 6-disc changer and hook it up to another stereo reciever. For instance one in your house? is the unit getting power? does the unit respond to inserting discs? A good way to find out is to talk to your local audio store. tell them you want a deck that can support the changer and ask them to make sure by hooking it really quick for you. If it works you can go from there. I think someone has a discont number to rockaudio on the gereral forum area. After finding out what shape the changer is in you could buy a deck from there for cheap. Or buy one from best buy and have them install it for free. Thats what i did. the Leganza is hard to work with and Best Buy will beat anyones prices. Make sure though that you have enough RCA Preouts for later expansions. 3 would be great!!

Good luck,

Alex
2002sv650s

Post by 2002sv650s »

The CD changer is getting power, I can hear it changing the CD's. At first I thought it was because the CD's were burned that it wasn't reading mp3 format but when I put in a regular CD it still didn't work.

I will have to try hooking it up to an input in the house.... I have already taken it apart and nothing is wrong with the CD player on the inside, so I an thinking that it may be the main board in the dash (the one that sits on top of the casette player) or the wiring :(

More money down the drain :(
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Is it most likely the CD player itself that has gone wrong.
It is electronic, it can break. Things sometimes just go wrong.

If you want an inexpensive MP3 compatible CD player, here is a Clarion CD/MP3 player with remote control & detatchable face.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1994

Clarion is a good quality head unit (not the best, but great for the price) that will sound better than the stock CD player that was in your car.

There are less expensive MP3 CD players available, but they may not be as god quity as the Clarion.

Just trying to help. :)

Cliff
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Tweeter.com has some really great offers. Best buy can install in Daewoos if you want it done cheap. They installed mine free when I bought my deck. It saved the hassle of ripping out the dash myself. Plus it looks good. Gave me a little storage thing to fill open space.