Big Problem with electric trunk popper

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

esperomike

Big Problem with electric trunk popper

Post by esperomike »

Hi,

I have a Daewoo Espero with electric trunk popper that works fine. When I press the button in the drivers door the trunk solenoid will receive 12 V and opens the boot.

Now I installed an alarm system. A lot of work but all is working correctly, except this damn trunk popper. I am on the edge to getting mad. First all wire diagrams that I have seen for an Espero show a red/white wire going to the trunk solenoid in the back which is wrong since all RW wires are igniton 12V wires and run permanent 12 V when the key is turned on in the ignition. That would mean the trunk would open when the key is in the ignition an turned on.

So i checked the trunk opener button in the drivers door and see one RW wire and one RY wire. Good I thought so the red/yellow wire runs to the trunk solenoid and gets 12V when the button is pressed. I found one RY wire going to the trunk area and to the trunk lid area. I was happy. Then I connected the alarm correctly with a relay to change negative to positive to have 12 V entering the RY wire when I press the trunk opener button on my remote alarm system.

I pressed and nothing happened. I checked the relay and it works fine. 12V is actually supplied to the RY wire.

So I disconnected the RY wire from the relay and connected a test light to see if the RY wire gets 12 V when the trunk opener button is pressed in the drivers door. And... Nothing. No 12 V but the trunk opened as usual.

Now I tried every wire that runs to the trunk lid area with my remote alarm relay to see if I can get the trunk open but in vain. I am desperate after managing all other alarm connections I stuck on the trunk opener.

I need help from any experienced electrician or alarm installer. If you have any idea please post it here. I would be really grateful.

Mike
esperomike

Re: Big Problem with electric trunk popper

Post by esperomike »

Case solved !!!

The trunk release wire was the RY wire and it was a positive wire but contrary to wire diagram it runs on the opposite car side. So relay connected and oh wonder it works fine. Now I can open my trunk with the alarm remote.

Never trust a wire diagram.

Mike