Will any Lanos airbag sensor version work in any lanos?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

wessock
Junior

Will any Lanos airbag sensor version work in any lanos?

Post by wessock »

My airbag light has been on for a few years now because of a loss of electric once and I'll be damned if I pay a stealership the $100 they want just to clear the code. I found a replacement airbag sensor from a Lanos with a blown head-gasket but according to Daewoous.com there are 3 different versions of the sensor, and the wrecker sensor isn't the same one as the one in my car. Anybody know if it will still work? I don't want to switch it out if it's going to screw up the sensor or set off my airbags or something. I can't imagine they're too different.
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Will any Lanos airbag sensor version work in any lanos?

Post by wolfsreign »

.... whaaa? my air bag light has been on for a super long time too now.. so how do you turn it off?

the verisions..? idk anything of the airbag system.. sorry
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

Yeah there are 3 dif part numbers depending on your VIN range, 2 of which are for the same VIN range. I've seen a few people comment about trying out different ones in their Lanos, but they never came back to post the results. The airbag light can be triggered by a bunch of things like a crash, but can also be triggered by just a loss of electric or a voltage issue or something. I lost power a few years ago and my light came on because of it. The only way to clear the code causing the light is to take it to a dealer who has a special Daewoo code reader (not the standard Autozone type), but the only reasonable distance dealer to me wants $100 just to plug in their reader and press a button. Considering I can buy a brand new airbag sensor (the airbag brains) for less, I'm just going to replace it with a wrecker one if I can be sure it won't screw anything up.
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

well the thing is though.... doesnt the ECU tell the "airbag" light to light up? so thus, if the sensor triggered the ecu to trigger the light, replacing the sensor does nothing..., correct?
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

Not from my understanding. It's called an airbag "sensor" but it's actually more of an airbag ECU. It's the reason a regular scan tool won't work, because it's a dif computer sending the code, again, from what I'm told.
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

oh.. then yea that would make sense.... but then.. arent there 2-4 airbage sensors?
hmm.. ill take a lookie lou on the airbagging.
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

No, only one sensor.