Lanos ECU Chipability

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Bob3825

Lanos ECU Chipability

Post by Bob3825 »

Ok here goes nothing, for the past days i've been reading lots of stuff and took my ECU out and opened it because i really want to know if i can chip this ECU, it will save a hell lot of money on an engine management system for my turbocharger system, everything is going great except for two things

1- I can't find the definition code for this ECU, and without it i'd have to crack the EEProm and i don't know how
2- I can't actually determine if this ECU uses an EEProm or an internal ROM, i found 2 28 pin chips but they are just too small to be an EEProm

I anyone can point me to any of these 2 issues i'll be really grateful, i'm going crazy here

and if the answer to 2 is that it uses an internal Rom, then is there another GM ECU that uses an EEProm and easily chippable that will work with the A16DMS engine and the ALDL socket, i still want to keep the diagnostics mode with the ALDL cable
99 1.6 3dr lanos
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Lanos ECU Chipability

Post by daewooluvr »

Bob3825 wrote:Ok here goes nothing, for the past days i've been reading lots of stuff and took my ECU out and opened it because i really want to know if i can chip this ECU, it will save a hell lot of money on an engine management system for my turbocharger system, everything is going great except for two things

1- I can't find the definition code for this ECU, and without it i'd have to crack the EEProm and i don't know how
2- I can't actually determine if this ECU uses an EEProm or an internal ROM, i found 2 28 pin chips but they are just too small to be an EEProm

I anyone can point me to any of these 2 issues i'll be really grateful, i'm going crazy here

and if the answer to 2 is that it uses an internal Rom, then is there another GM ECU that uses an EEProm and easily chippable that will work with the A16DMS engine and the ALDL socket, i still want to keep the diagnostics mode with the ALDL cable
what is this other GM ECU that uses EEProm?

If my memory serves me correctly I believe the Lanos ECU does NOT use EEProm. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

I honestly don't know the details of them but the OBD1 GM ECUs are easily chipped and i actually found some pretty nice online guides for them, but as it appears the lanos really doesn't use an EEProm, i actually took a picture of the main board which will prove this

ImageImage
99 1.6 3dr lanos
Amr Lanos

Re: Lanos ECU Chipability

Post by Amr Lanos »

Your ECU which into the picture doesn't use an EEprom and this ECU got 3 connector to Engine managment Harness,,
But I have into my lanos an other type works by 2 connector to Engine Managment harness and got an EEprom
IMG_0094.JPG
(99.05 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Check This and I already working to modify my ECU
IMG_0095.JPG
(111.92 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
IMG_0094.JPG
(99.05 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
Attachments
IMG_0096.JPG
(101.77 KiB) Downloaded 369 times