Removing Rev Limit

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

xiaogary
Junior

Removing Rev Limit

Post by xiaogary »

Anybody know how to remove the rev limit at 6.4k for Chevrolet Aveo?

I have seen opel on Youtube removing 6450rpm limit and rev up to 7k. How to do it? My UNICHIP is unable to according to my tuner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J49p-xJr ... re=related
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
Bob3825

Post by Bob3825 »

I don't know about your ECU but you'd either have to chip it with another EEprom that has the rev limiter set to a higher value, or if you have an OBD2 then there are some companies that chip OBD2 ECUs that might be able to do it for you since it involves cracking your ecu and finding the location of every parameter in the internal rom so that he can manipulate it to a higher value
99 1.6 3dr lanos
xiaogary
Junior

Re: Removing Rev Limit

Post by xiaogary »

I still have not found anyone thats able to do it? Any one have any luck?
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

i wanna override my lanos 1.6L neutral and park limiter to atleast 6k. it limits at 4k. in drive it shifts at about 6.7k in pwr mode.
mines OBD-2 and i dont know anything about the ECU, but i would be willing to try to crack mine. if you know any of the tools.. like programs and suck.. im willing to test on mine. haha
but yea.. like bob said.. would have to go into it and change almost everything setting the limit. but xiaogary.. are you talking about changing the drive limiter or neutral limiter?
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

xiaogary's car is a stick so there is no newtral rev limiter. why do you need to remove the neutral rev limiter. you will gain absolutly nothing from it. all it will do is make it so you can rev un neutral.... what will you get from that? a couple of destroyed ECU's that were improperly cracked until you found the newtral rev limiter. its a waist of time imo

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

oh didnt know that, then his would be a clutch rev? and theres no limit on that huh? haha
well b.c then i can actually make my car (engine) roar in neutral.. instead of a little puny vroom vroom. lol
and i have so much time on my hands mofo.. >.< plus im pretty sure if i can find the codes and change them, i could probably tell gary where the limiter might be for a M/T
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

im sorry yes his car does hava rev limiter but its the same if he is in gear or neutral. i wasnt thinking about, sorry!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

oh.. well atlest he get >4k haha. but ya any1 know programs and/or tools?
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
xiaogary
Junior

Post by xiaogary »

I installed high lift (+1.0mm) high duration camshafts (285 degree) for my over bored (81.0mm) and stroked (81.5mm from 73.4mm) aveo. Its is running forged H beam con rods and wiseco 11.1:1 compression ratio pistons. With 2mm shaved head and ported and polished head. 4kg flywheel and lightweight crankshaft pulley (750g) and light weight camshaft pulley (40% lighter).

Removing rev limt, I meant rev limit for 2nd gear, 3rd gear and 4th gear, 5th gear. Its more for achieving better speed. Becos the power climb much faster from 3k onwards until redline at 6.5k rpm. The needle reaches 6.5k very fast, so I am not utilising the performance increase without removing the rev limit. Hope to change rev limit to 7.5k or 8k. So that I can have 1 or 1.5k rpm more to play with.
Aveo 1.7M DOHC
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

ive learned from my dad that its basically the computer chips that would set all limits and such, and chips are like CD-R's, write only.
so if you want to go pro, get a laptop and comp chip that can be rewritten. or just have someone write a new chip from copying ur aveo's chip. so if iw anted to do it for my car, i would need to find a chip and a chip writer. -.-
~wolf

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake