I got some questions about speakers

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buddha102
Expert

I got some questions about speakers

Post by buddha102 »

I got 2 free speakers for free with 2 boxes for them (like for the trunk speakers), they are 200 watt each:

Q:

1. Do i need amp for them?
2. Will my alternator "support" me with enough power for the electronics in the car?
3. Can u guys give me a diagram for it?

Please help me here.

Thanks in advance. ;)

P.S. I'll post pics tom of the speakers its too dark now
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you are saying you got 2 free sub woffers? if so id say you should get an amp for them. yes your electrical system can take it. 200 watts is prolly their MAX power rateing, which dont mean shit, you should find out their RMS rateing, that will tell you how powerfull of an amp you will need. if you have an aftermarket cd player there isnt really a schematic needed to install an amp. you basicly run a thick (fused) power lead from the battery to the trunk/hatch. run the remote on wire, and RCA wires from the cd player to the trunk/hatch. find a good ground in/near the trunk/hatch clean the area and attach the ground wire. attach all of the wires to the amp in their respective spots. mount it and then conncet the speaker wire from the amp to the speaker box. crank up the bass and enjoy! its VERY easy to install you own stereo system. you can get your wire kit from meijers for a cheap price and it should work fine for you. good luck!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

daewoomofo wrote:you are saying you got 2 free sub woffers? if so id say you should get an amp for them. yes your electrical system can take it. 200 watts is prolly their MAX power rateing, which dont mean shit, you should find out their RMS rateing, that will tell you how powerfull of an amp you will need. if you have an aftermarket cd player there isnt really a schematic needed to install an amp. you basicly run a thick (fused) power lead from the battery to the trunk/hatch. run the remote on wire, and RCA wires from the cd player to the trunk/hatch. find a good ground in/near the trunk/hatch clean the area and attach the ground wire. attach all of the wires to the amp in their respective spots. mount it and then conncet the speaker wire from the amp to the speaker box. crank up the bass and enjoy! its VERY easy to install you own stereo system. you can get your wire kit from meijers for a cheap price and it should work fine for you. good luck!
if i run into some trouble i'll let u guys know lol :lol:
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

There 40w norm. (which i think thats what they will be running on) and 200w max :/ , i dont think there are sub woofers, there are just normal speakers.

See the pics:

P.S. Which brings us to another Q: can i hook them up to my right/left back speakers of my car?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah those are just 6x9's it looks like. you don't need an amp for them. they're just mids. if you have a small amp like 100watts or something go ahead if you want. they're not for bass. and yes you can tap into the rear speakers to just hook them up.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

lanos2001 wrote:yeah those are just 6x9's it looks like. you don't need an amp for them. they're just mids. if you have a small amp like 100watts or something go ahead if you want. they're not for bass. and yes you can tap into the rear speakers to just hook them up.

nick
agree they are 6x9's
but i wouldn't tap it to the rear speakers though you risk overloading the headunit, your best bet is to ether hook them up to replace the rear one's or use a pre out on the headunit to an amp (100w)
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

well i got a problem, cause i dont have 100 watt amp.... :(

maybe i'll replace the rear speakers.....hmm wtf am i going to do with the wooden boxes then? lol :lol:

EDIT:

I'll replace the rear speakers (if they fit), cause spending more money will get me bankrupt :lol:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

bigjeff is right bout the overload. when i tapped into my rear speakers they were already blown since they suck ass so i just cut the wires and plugged in the other ones.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

lanos2001 wrote:bigjeff is right bout the overload. when i tapped into my rear speakers they were already blown since they suck ass so i just cut the wires and plugged in the other ones.

nick
did the speakers that u put were same looking as my?

sorry for bothering you guys :oops:
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

when i put 6x9's in i cut in to my shelf and run new (better) speaker cable to the back of my headunit
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

unhook wires from factory speakers...then use a short piece of speaker wire to hook wires up to speakers in box and place box on the shelf...put plastic pieces back on sides of car and just have the wires come out the little holes where the factory speakers were. easiest solution I can think of.

Jimmy
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

jidasas wrote:unhook wires from factory speakers...then use a short piece of speaker wire to hook wires up to speakers in box and place box on the shelf...put plastic pieces back on sides of car and just have the wires come out the little holes where the factory speakers were. easiest solution I can think of.

Jimmy
i'll try it tom jim thx all! ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

problem with that is it wull sound like dung. adn it might pull too much power (if the ohms are too low) from the headunit and mess it up

buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

daewoomofo wrote:problem with that is it wull sound like dung. adn it might pull too much power (if the ohms are too low) from the headunit and mess it up
ok i got some more info.

the speakers in the back say that 60w peak (idk what means that) and they are 4 ohms.

so thats good for the speakers that i got cause they get 4 ohms also, but are they better than i have?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

can you get a pic of these speakers? 60w peak sounds like they would be regular speakers. if htey are regular speakers (not subwoofers) they you ca nrung them on your headunit no problem. or at very least get the brand name and measure how big they are.