FITTING CD PLAYER

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JESSICA77

FITTING CD PLAYER

Post by JESSICA77 »

hi,i have a daewoo tacuma 16sx ,i want to replace the factory fitted radio cassette with a sony radio cd ,i managed to get the radio out which was held in with 2 screws but now the problem i have is i cant fit the other one as the slot is too big ,i got a radio cage from halfords which was for a daewoo which doesnt match up with the screwholes is there anything i could ese to fit it.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

hi,
i had the same problem when i first got an aftermarket cd player.
the radio cage that i got from halfords didnt fit mine either, and the closest thing that a mechanic found for me was a bracket from (i think) and old ford fiesta.
the 2 screw holes at the front just about match up, and there are two more at the side to keep the head unit from slipping - its a bit of a bodge, but holds evrything in place. will try and get some pictures of it.

welcome to the forum, by the way.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
JESSICA77

Post by JESSICA77 »

Cheers thanks for that ,i was going to try and make the one from halfords to fit but when i tryed the radio in the cage it just slid through,i would have thought there would be one to fit but ive checked just about every site on the internet and there doesnt seem to be any.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

yeah, ive also found it hard to find a properly fitting bracket, the one ive got in now is a bit of a bodge job to be honest. but it works.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.