Brake Light fuse keeps blowing

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jacobwurster

Brake Light fuse keeps blowing

Post by jacobwurster »

So the title explains my problem, but it is more then just that. I will put a new fuse into the spot and seconds later I will have to put a new one in. So I took it to a shop to have someone look over it and find out what is wrong with it, but he had a schematic for it and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it either. Said nothing seemed wrong, but obviously something has to be wrong. So if you guys have had this problem or have dealt with this problem in any way how have you fixed it? What do I need to do?

edit: its on a 2001 deawoo lanos sorry forgot that part ;)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well if your blowing fuses there is a wire that is shorting out. if the shop cant figure it out your best bet is gonna be to actually look at the wires and see if there is a break in them.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
jacobwurster

Post by jacobwurster »

where is the most common place for these type of things to happen by the fuse or by the brake lights?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ther is no common place. you are the first person to hav this problem that i hve heard of. how are you at wireing? if your pu to it you could just run a new wire to the back adn not worry about where the short is.

jacobwurster

Post by jacobwurster »

hmm ok...well thanks...where would I be rewiring from the start at the fuse all the way back to brake lights?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well if it was me i would run a new wire from the fuse to the brake light switch, and from the switch to the lights, it shouldnt be that hard, you just need to make sure the wire is hidden and wont fall out from under your dash and get tangled in your feet as your driving.

Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Easiest way to do that would be to lift the carpet near the dash at the drivers footwell, or passenger, whereer your fuse box is, and run a wire along the kick panel at the door, the bit you usually step on if you're getting in/out. Then take the rear doorcards off and pass the wire, from under the carpet, in along the rear inner arch, take the boot trim off near the rear clusters and feed the wire on through. It's fairly simple if you take your time, and it won't do any harm taking your interior trim out, finding out how to take it off without breaking the clips is actually not that laborious. Gets a bit frustrating like, but I loved taking my interior out and putting it back in for some reason.

ANyways, thats the route I'd take with the wire. Unless you really want it to be perfect and run it back into the loom. But that's way more hassel than it's worth.
SAZ
---------------------
shady

Re: Brake Light fuse keeps blowing

Post by shady »

thats right ( Pir0 ) coz it happen with me as the fuel fuse does the same and i found the fault under the carpet as the red wire from the wiring system short with the metal body the common place under the carpet under the right passenger leg