Online Electronics Course

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i like the idea of how you would set this up and i would be more then willing to pay for it, but like you said there is no point on doing this for 1 person

so come on guys why not fork over alittle cash for a stockpile of notes that could help you out in the future

i know that i will have to take a electronics corse soon for my up and coming partnership with my brother so it wouldnt hurt me to learn something first
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Brian5475E wrote:I think he is saying tell him how to mod the ECU or other electronics, instead of teaching electronics
How could you expect to know how to modify the ECU when you don't even know how it works?

You would proably require at least a half dozen courses to even get the slightest idea how the ECU interprets data and calculates injector pulse widths from fuel maps.

It's like saying "tell him how to rebuild his engine" when the guy has absolutely no knowledge of how an engine works.

Well it's simple you just pull the head off, remove the valve train, pop off the oil pan, then remove the oil pump, main bearings and the crankshaft.... then you replace the piston rings, crankshaft bearings and all the gaskets as you reassemble the engine in the exact order you disassembled it.

There.... I just told you how to rebuild an engine.... it should be easy now right?

I'm banging my head against the wall for even suggesting this whole "electronics course" idea...... I'm temped to destroy this post all together and forget I even mentioned it.

I don't know why I bother trying to help people.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

erfinder dont let people like that get ya down/pissed .... these guys are all over...
I c em everyday tbh... they come in store to buy front brakes.... then all off sudden they ask me HOW to change it?... i yust tell em to let me swap em then or leave it alone and dont sell teh brakes....

people saying tell me this tell me that are all over i personaly yust ignore em getting down becuase of em is the worst ya can do :s
i can understand a real dificult question from people that know the basics and stuff....

so cheer up m8 dont let 1 persons question make ya lose hope for everything
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

Erfinder wrote:You have trouble coming up with $5 per course???? :?
Simply because I live in New Caledonia, and it would be to complicated to send your money!
I can't pay neither by cash nor by cheque nor by credit transfert because taxes would be more than the price you ask for the course!
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

I think you have a great idea.
In fact, you have the idea, you can do what you said because you know a lot of things (i'm impressed when i read you, you have such knowledge!).
Just put this topic sticky, it could interest some peoples (who can pay!).
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

I just thought of something....

Maybe some of us are hesitant simply because they would have to invest time and money into something that would not give them anything but knowledge(Not that..that...is a bad thing). No certificate of Completion......No Blue Ribbon, nothing.

I don't know... just thought that might be it. If I were to take an advanced electronics course, I would at least like to have some form of recognition from the school or teacher that shows others that I have in fact completed an advanced electronics course and I know my stuff now.

Just my thoughts.

Does anyone else feel this way?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Tim04 wrote:No certificate of Completion......No Blue Ribbon, nothing.
I know what your saying.... well.... for $10,000 I'll give you all the courses and a piece of paper saying your special. :lol:

I'm just joking around.... I realize people would want recognition but that isn't the point of the courses.

You could take every single course I offered and it would cost less than an hour of labor at a local dealership.

How about stereo installation.... how much would you pay for a head unit to be installed?

Sure... perhaps you can muddle your way through the install but all it takes is one wrong wire connection and wham your deck is fried.... $500 out the window because you thought you knew what you were doing.

There are a billion and one situations where simple tools combined with a general electronics knowledge will get you out of a bind.

Imagine being stranded on the side of the road because your car died.... and you have no idea what is wrong with it.... so you end up getting it towed to a local dealership where they charge you a couple hundred bucks to tell you something stupidly simple (like your battery or alternator needs replacement )

Me.... I'd have that kind of problem figured out in about 3 minutes.... call a friend and tell them to bring me the part and install it on the side of the road. (saving me about $300 in the process)
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

If I took the courses, it wouldn't be for any certificate, but only for me.
It would be great knowing how my car works, I'm very curious and getting out of the "dark" (about my car and other related stuffs) would be very exciting, if there wasn't this money problem.

What I can propose is that I pay not for one course but for a lot in one time.
For example, I take 10 courses, and I pay 50$.
What do you think?
john80

Post by john80 »

no what i mean is where do i send the money to
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

SinDromX wrote:Simply because I live in New Caledonia, and it would be to complicated to send your money!
Cool... I've never heard of New Caledonia...so you guys are part of France?

Here is the info I found on your island....
http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/fac ... os/nc.html

My Uncle did a year of volunteer work as a doctor in Vanuatu.... which isn't too far away from you ( couple hundred miles??)
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

Yeah, there is a lot of information on the CIA website!

It's true that Vanuatu is not far away but they have they claimed their independance from France, and now they're part of the most countries in the world!

New Caledonia (NC) is a very beautiful country, i'll send picts if I have time (and if I find my cam!)

Here are links if you want to see more :
http://webcam.kaori.nc/cam_01.php
http://webcam.kaori.nc/cam_02.php

it's a french site, you probably won't understand, but the pictures are from webcams.

Maybe it will be the night, because here we'ra GMT+11h.
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

I would be interested. When I did mechanical engineering at college we covered some electrical basics but I've never used it since. The new company I'm with do a lot of electronics as they use robots, plc's and stuff so it'll do me good to brush up on that stuff.

Stef
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

SinDromX wrote:it's a french site, you probably won't understand, but the pictures are from webcams.
I'm Canadian.... we have English and French as our primarly languages (although it's about 95% English where I live in Western Canada).

I recieved 6 years of French language training in school but it's been a very long time since I've spoken or writen in French so I only understand simple phrases and words.... like "Fermer cette fenetre "

The odd thing about Canada is that we are taught French as it would be spoken in France but yet our French population (Eastern Canada) speaks a slightly different dialect.

It's similar to the differences between "UK" English and "American" English.

My mother is from England (moved here when she was 12 with her family) and she says some weird things.... for example.... she likes to say " I'm going out to smoke a fag"

This is her way of saying she's going outside to smoke a cigarette.

And well if I were to say this it would mean that "I'm going out to beat up a homosexual" ( not that I would.... it's just an example )

So you can see there is a big difference in certain "slang terms" between different countries speaking the same general language.
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

I'm doing English (UK) at school, and I also see great differences between what I read in forums and my courses.
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Erfinder wrote: My mother is from England (moved here when she was 12 with her family) and she says some weird things.... for example.... she likes to say " I'm going out to smoke a fag"

This is her way of saying she's going outside to smoke a cigarette.
:lol: I've noticed quite a few differences now I've been on a couple of Can/US sites. People get real confused if you start talking in rhyming slang!

Stef