Replacing front Lanos speakers

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

but the thing is i don't see it on mine. i'll take a look later like tomorrow when its daylight with a flashlight to make sure.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

daftmajin wrote:OEM speaker size in the front doors is 4 inch. It is possible to do 5.25 inch in the front but they cant go in too deep. I have some 5.25 speakers that the magnet just went too deep to fit in.
My options are 4" or 5" then - does replacing the front speakers usually give better sound?

I have some 6x9s in the back so the front ones just can't be heard anymore.
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

4 inch or shallow 5.25 inch speakers. They will sound great if you have a good power supply to them (i.e. aftermarket CD player or amplifier). Be sure to use bass blockers or crossovers to not damage tweeters. I assume you will be getting so 2- 3- or 4- way speakers. They will sounds great. I use to have a ten speaker system (front doors 4 inch, rear pods 4x6 inch, custom rear mounts 5.25 inch, bass tubes 6.5 inch, and dual 12 inch sub subs and is sounded great. Recenly I have downgraded most of my sytem to just the front door 4 inchers and the dual 12 inch sub box and it sounds great!
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you can go to any auto parts store and get a "door panel removal tool" it has a part that slides between the panel and handel that will pop the clip out, its really easy.
mcewanslager2k2

lanos front door speakers

Post by mcewanslager2k2 »

hello

I fitted new speakers bout a year ago and managed to fit 17cm sony 160 watt speakers good bass and sound, i fitted a bit of cloth trim at the back to stop it vibrating and as the speakers are fitted with three screws i could fit it with the arrange of holes around the speaker case to fit it no problem. I didnt have to cut the door card at all, bit of a tight sqeeze but had no problems.

andy
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

I'm having problems getting my door panel off!

I've been following Audacityracing's instructions and am doing quite well but am not sure how to get the window handle off, and how to get the door handle off.

Can anyone help? thanks
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well do you have window rollers or a switch? if you have the rollers you take out that E clip that kenny posted up earlier here. and as for the door handle you have to snap out the outer ring of it to get it off.

nick

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

manual windows, right?

in the shaft of the handle (where it goes into the door) there is an e-clip. it looks like this Image

the e-clip is a retaining clip... pop it off with two small screwdrivers (one on each side of the e, spreading it open) and then the handle should come off.

hope this helps!
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Yes theyre manual windows.

Will give it a go, thanks!
www.norbie.co.uk
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

lanos2001 did you find your e clip alright?

i cant see it on my window roller :?
is it actually part of the handle and easy to get to, or is it hidden at the far back?

also im having real trouble getting the door fascia out. ive looked at the image in this thread and see that its just a ring, but im having real trouble grabbing hold of it :(

im using precision screwdrivers as well.
www.norbie.co.uk
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the clip is on the handel
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

can you get ahold of the e-clip? if so, use a pair of needle nose pliers or medical hemoststs (if you have em/know what they are) and grab and pull while using your other hand with the screwdriver to pop it off

the tool that a dealership would use to remove the door panel looks similar to a crow bar (pry bar). it is split to go around the pressure pins. use a wide flathead screwdriver or putty knife or something to gently pop the edges up around the bottom and it should come free.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

ok i'll take another go at it when its light.

thank you all very much for your help :)
www.norbie.co.uk
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

nah i nevered tried again yet. didn't really have a reason too. sorry.

nick

chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

The instructions displayed at the start of the thred worked great, all i did was buy a tool from repco for 7 bucks that lets you take off the window winder handle, then unscrewed all the screws and popped it off pretty much, and as a tip wind the window down when your putting the panel back on the car door as it is a lot easier that way, once again thanks for the great info!!
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?