Alternator and Brake Lights on (very very dim) - Nexia 2000

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

goldiegill

Alternator and Brake Lights on (very very dim) - Nexia 2000

Post by goldiegill »

I drive a Nexia 1.5 DOHC (2000) which has done about 70 K Miles. Recently I am facing a problem with my Alternator (Battery symbol) and Brake Lights which remains on (but very very dim) even when the engine is running. These lights are so dim that they can only be seen when there is no light inside the car cabin. The Lights are gone if I accelerate the engine to about 4000 RPM. But they re-appear as soon as engine comes back to normal idling. All belts are tight enough. Battery is fine and gives no problem during startup. What can be the reason. Is that my alternator is not charging adequatly or has become week????
Goldie
jak4calibrah

Post by jak4calibrah »

it could be that your battery has just worn out, when was the last time you changed it??
to check the alternatoer, hook up a volt meter and measure the voltage should be close to 12v, start the engine (i don't no specifically for the daewoo) but it should jump up to around 14.5v, if it's recharging around their then change the battery if you haven't done so in a long while.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

+1 to what jak said, also check your earths on the car. Or add another one from the alternator to the car [Usually i stick mine on one of the strut top bolts beside the shock bolt.] Make sure there's a bitta flex in it though as the engine does move.

Do what jak said first, test the alternator, and check earths, if it's fine, change the battery, then if you still want too, add some extra ones.
SAZ
---------------------
goldiegill

Thanks

Post by goldiegill »

I bought the car in 2003 and have not yet changed the batteries. Let me check the voltage first...........then we may decide on further path. Thanks for the advice buddies.
Goldie
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Wow a 2003 nexia.. Cool. Bet its not even got a patch of rust on it... yet. :D
SAZ
---------------------