Optima Battery Worth It?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Optima Battery Worth It?

Post by BosnianLanos »

My green Lanos' battery died a while back and I've been too busy to do any work on it. Now cometh the time to get a new one, and I was thinking of swapping in the battery from my red Lanos and getting an Optima for it. What part number should I look for? Also, is an Optima battery even worth it to me? I don't have any kind of system, and I have only light engine mods. My car will never experience temperatures below 30... Is it worth the money to get the Optima? What would be some of the benefits of getting an Optima battery?
TheRiseIsTheFall

Post by TheRiseIsTheFall »

spill proof(can install anywhere, even upside down), you pretty much never have to service them. you can leave your car for a year and then come back and start it up with your still fully charged battery.

but honestly, if you have no system or engine mods that will drain the extra power it's pretty mch useless.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

I wouldn't really bother with one in your case. They're amazing for having a system...well they're pretty great no matter what but unless you have a system then I don't think it's worth the money.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you get a optima get a red top. they have higher cca's and with a optima if you do discharge it totaly you wont have to get a new one (draining it doesnt kill its charge holding optential). if you just want abattery that you will never have to worry about get a red top. i say go for it!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Ive also been considering this, my battery is getting quite old and i think i will replace it this year, it lost its charge a few times this winter the car wouldnt even crank. I have a pretty powerfull sound system and a few engine mods including a voltage/grounding kit which pull power from the battery almost all the time, ive also noticed my lights dim alot more then they used to when i play the system loud.

I was loking at getting a yellow top since ive heard theyre better for cars with sound systems and high power demanding accessories, what are the differences?
AntDX316
Junior

Post by AntDX316 »

probably it wont make a difference

what u need is a capacitor
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

caps are a bandaid to cover the real problem. they discharge in like .2 seconds and then need recharging. if the battery is old that is the problem!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
tarek6210

Post by tarek6210 »

more than perfect