power door locks

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

orangelmo

power door locks

Post by orangelmo »

ok i have a 2000 lanos SX, "power" everything. i put power in quotes cuz i have a question about them. back in august my sister bought me an alarm for the car but till now, the doors don't open/lock when disarming/arming (complications with parts). anyways the reason they weren't hooked up to was because the guy installing said they're not really power door locks and that i needed an actuator to get them to work properly. just wanted to know if anyone else had to do this
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
GutlessSupreme

Post by GutlessSupreme »

If you pulled out the driver's door lock nub (thing above the inside handle) (and this is before the alarm installation), did the other doors unlock with it? Or did you have to unlock all doors manually?
orangelmo

Post by orangelmo »

i know i have power locks. there's a reason why i put power in quotations. the guy said they'not really power door locks and he couldnt get the locks to work with the brain of the alarm system thus telling me i had to buy an actuator for it to work properly
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
GutlessSupreme

Post by GutlessSupreme »

well if you actually have power locks, then you already have actuators and the guy's an idiot.. beyond that I can't help you though, I'm not familiar with woo wiring. Sorry.
MRMIKE602

Post by MRMIKE602 »

I hate to bring up this old thread, but the same thing is happening to my car. I bought a Crime Guard 350i5 with Keyless Entry. The installer said that he couldn't hook up the keyless entry b/c my car needed an actuator. I have a 2000 Daewoo Leganza SE. When i lock my car, i just need to use the key on the driverside and all doors will lock/unlock... Not sure if this is considered a "true" power lock system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you will need a actuator on the drivers door only. they have it set up so you need your key as a safty precaution so you dont lock your self out.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MRMIKE602

Post by MRMIKE602 »

Would you happen to know if this one will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DAEWOO-L ... enameZWD1V

or where else I can find one?