custom chrome accents

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yoshida

custom chrome accents

Post by yoshida »

Hi,
Looking for a way to chrome the recessed edges of the dashboard fans in my Lanos. Is there any kind of tape available, or am I stuck with self-adhesive transfers which I got to cut out myself? Ofcourse any link to a complete chrome kit for the Lanos interior is always appreciated.

Rule of thumb: best value for money, has to ship to the Netherlands

I'm also dying to get my hands on the Titanium look dash of the 2000 Lanos SXI, see if it fits for my car. Anyone knows a reliable source for (used?) components, please step forward.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well being a plater by trade, i can tell you that getting it actually chromed will cost ALOT! your best bet is gonna be one of those transfers. plateing is hard to get right on plastic, especially when it is just a small area of the piece being plated, dont get me wrong it can be done, but your gonna pay out the ASS for it. ive never heard of the lanos sxi, here in the states we have the lanos s, sx, se, and sport. do you have a pic of the dash kit your talking about?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i think she means the brushed aluminum dash that i know came with the sport not sure on the se or anything.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

sharkracing has some chrome vent covers. here's the link to it. http://www.sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/ ... =020200000

now some ppl have had trouble with them but i never did and i ordered a few times from them. not sure if they ship to the netherlands tho.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
yoshida

Post by yoshida »

lanos2001 wrote:i think she means the brushed aluminum dash that i know came with the sport not sure on the se or anything.

nick
When did you get the impression that I am a girl? :p

Ah well... serves me right I guess

The vents have recessed edges in the dash, I want to fill that up with something shiny (hence Nick's mistake I guess but I'm a sucker for bling)

Here's a picture with the 'titanium look' dash. It's clearly visible all vent holes have recessed edges.
Last edited by yoshida on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah thats the sport trim here in the states. you could get the things like nick said, i think i may have misunderstood you in your origional explaination

yoshida

Post by yoshida »

daewoomofo wrote:yeah thats the sport trim here in the states. you could get the things like nick said, i think i may have misunderstood you in your origional explaination
I think you might've understood me quite well, here's an edited picture of what I'm going for.

Look at the vent edges left and right. I might want to go with brushed aluminum or something like that and first make mock-ups with cardboard.
Brings me to two questions: what's the best way to cut it, and how do I finish the rough edges?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ah the trim pieces, yeah i TOTALY misunderstood you, vynal transers will be your best bet.