'00 Nubira Amp Installation--experts stop here

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Jack Trager

'00 Nubira Amp Installation--experts stop here

Post by Jack Trager »

Well, I'm installing an amplifier and some subs into a 2000 Daewoo Nubira, and have only one question....

Where do I run through the firewall? I'd prefer to use an existing hole (drilling isn't my best option), so I'm curious as to where some of you ran your power wire through. I saw a grommet running through in front of the center console, and was curious if that would be a decent place.

Any help would be appreciated here. Thanks!
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

I'd wait and if you get antzy PM Stefan Or TheGreatandWonderfulOz. He's the audio mastermind.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I'm pretty sure there's a wire that goes to a speedometer surrounded by a rubber ring... put it through there and it should come up quite a bit above the pedals.

That's how I did it in my previous car, worked perfectly.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I've never really done anything with a Nubira, only my Leganza & 2 Lanos'.
I went with pre existing holes in each case.
The Lanos has a really big main wiring harness gromet above the fuse box and you can run the power through it, then within the thickness of the car body, inside the fender (if you remove it) and then have the power cable come out into the engine bay throught a gromet you install ... it comes out quite close to the strut tower.
In the Leganza, I ran it through a pre existing grommet that came out near the pedals.

I don't know anyone that has a Nubira that I can look at to check, but I have really been thinking about getting a Nubi wagon or maybe the Optra5 when it is available here. I like those!