Diagnostic problem

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

da_woo

Diagnostic problem

Post by da_woo »

Hey Guys, long time no talk. Well i still have my low revs,strugglig to idel when starting, no acceleration problem with my car, its realy bugging me and i feel it may have something to do with the following things:

1) Throttle position Seonsor
2) O2 Sensor

So in turn i took my car to my house mates business(mechenics) in which therei s a ex-daewoo mechenic there. We have been looking for where the diagnsotic tool hooks into, looked in both kick panels but could not find.... any body know where it is situated inthe daewoo lanos HB 1.5 SOHC annd/or provide a diagram of the position... the mechenic feels that it may have been removed for some strange reason, but i know it has been diagnostic tested before?

also

does anyone know if the diagnostic will pic and CEL's or glitchesin the car if it does hav a faulty o2 or TPS ???

Thanks in advance

Michael (da_woo)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Not sure if it's the same as the 1.6, but if it is, look down under the dash behind the radio on the driver's side. There is an OBDII connection there.
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Hi, I have the 1.3/1.4 Lanos - the connection is on the left hand side of the car in the centre, look just under the steering wheel or compartment (depending on which side you drive on lol).

Mines not OBDII though, it's ALDL or something different :(
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Thanks guys... is that photo looking up toward it in te direction of the steering wheel or glove compartment, hard to sorta find out where abouts? I'm form Australia so my car is right hand drive?
norbie
Expert

Post by norbie »

Cool mine's RHD too. Look up under the glove compartment but towards the centre of the car. You should see it there
1999 3-door HB Lanos 1349cc SOHC - 16" Alloys, Short Ram Intake, Strutbar, Alarm & Remote Locking, Electric Windows, CarPC!
www.norbie.co.uk
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

this isnt a rhd car, its my car that i just flipped the imge, but the arrow is where the diagnostic port should be on your car

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
da_woo

Post by da_woo »

Hey guys.. thnaks for your help, going to get it diag-checked on friday.. Will get backto oyu with the results cause i know a heap of people have the same problems.. thank again for quick responses and pictures!! thumbs up guys!