C20 GET SWAP IS IN!! NOW WIRING>>>YIKES!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

julia

C20 GET SWAP IS IN!! NOW WIRING>>>YIKES!

Post by julia »

Hey , the swap is in, were gonna post some pics, thanks to chris the mountes were a breeze. The plumbing shouldnt be too bad but the woring ...ohh my god... we need a little more direction. so far i have ths sunbird haynes manual, the lanos 1.5 diagram from daewootech and the following info from tom:

For wiring, the following signals from the sunbird harness will be connected to you existing wiring.

- A11 fuel pump signal. You *should* hear relay click around your fusebox area. This will go on for 2 sec when you turn the ignition on. If you do not hear it, have assistant listen in the engine bay area. You will need to locate wire from your ECU signal, cut it, and tap to it.
- injectors power. Use multi meter on get power source measuring at injector plug. One will be negative with ing on, the other will be positive. This wire will provide power to all 4 sunbird injectors.
- ignition module power. Locate power wire on your DIS pack, and attach to it (wire will be marked, otherwise its the pink wire on the diagram (top right corner, coming from ign to the module)
- C16 ign power (locate power wire on your existing ECU and tap into it)
- E7 check engine light. Follow the bulb trace at the back of your dashboard to the connector wire. Cut and tap into that line
- E9 cooling fan. You will attach to the signal wire for cooling fan relay on your fusebox (or engine bay)
- Tach input - tap to the ECU wire, follow info in the tachometer How-To. You will not need any mods
- temp sensor - you will attach your sensor to the block. You will need brass reducer - Home Hardware or any shop with plumbing stuff will have it. Once you remove sunbid coolant sensor you will know what reducer is required
- Oil press sender. You will tap into the wire at the sensor located at the back of the oil pump. I would recommend using oil press gauge instead.
- some other ign power and 12+ V constant, I cant remember right now.

ok where do i find these wires named e7, e9 etc.? At one point i thought i was emailed or saw a grid like diagram showing the ones to swap. . i think,..cant find if right now lol. was this on daewootech? anything anyone can contribute is soo appreciated. Pics diagrams napkin sketched anything anything at all. We need help big time. My email is f1hzw@unb.ca thanks all
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

When I get a chance I will copy the Sunbird wiring diagram from my manual ( I have an 87 Pontiac Sunbird factory manual )

It's not as bad as you might think.... the biggest thing is figuring out the location of the wires and the colors.

I'm heading out to my Lake Cabin this afternoon but I will be going back into my shop later tonight to finish up painted the hood for my Lemans ( spent yesterday getting it ready for an inspection )

If I get a chance... I will scan and email you the sunbird diagrams... which will show the wire numbers ( such as E7 ) as well as their location and color.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
julia

Post by julia »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:When I get a chance I will copy the Sunbird wiring diagram from my manual ( I have an 87 Pontiac Sunbird factory manual )

It's not as bad as you might think.... the biggest thing is figuring out the location of the wires and the colors.

I'm heading out to my Lake Cabin this afternoon but I will be going back into my shop later tonight to finish up painted the hood for my Lemans ( spent yesterday getting it ready for an inspection )

If I get a chance... I will scan and email you the sunbird diagrams... which will show the wire numbers ( such as E7 ) as well as their location and color.

Chris

ok sweet cuz were really confused now becase we cant find those codes on the sunbird diagram. Now we were thinking they are daewoo, very confused because there are pins on the daewoo ecu that are numbered e7 e9 etc. wow. neways we need some direction here. ohh and what is the colors or codes for the random ignition constant you mentioned toward the end of the wiring instructions.? thanks for the help
julia

Post by julia »

so the Daewoo finally got its chance to see the garage this weekend :D
anyways, the motor is IN and the wiring has begun. We have the ECU wired in, fuel pump running, injector power, and it whorls over. The axels are in, clutch works, throttle cables hooked up, shift linkage in.....probally something else that Im missing too. Heres some pics of the progress....we'll keep ya posted on how she goes!
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS , MUCH APPRECIATED!!

IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r104 ... ure105.jpg[/IMG]

IMPORTANT QUESTION
Where do the white and pink wires coming out of the ignition coil go to? see pic below

GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I sent you some info to the email addy you posted, hopefully this will help.

Post by julia »

GsiTurbo wrote:I sent you some info to the email addy you posted, hopefully this will help.
Thanks for the info it was key!!!

IT RUNS !! IT STARTS UP RIGHT AWAY < SEEMS TO RUN STRONG!! WERE SO EXCITED!!! its got a non turbo manifold on it now. We figured we'd run it and get the vaccum lines going without the turbo first and were its been sitting, run oil through it and do an oil change first!? Any opinions here? also it says to flush the oil and turbo system with diesel first? yay or nay? This is damn exciting, we cant wait to taker for a rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

that kicks ass, is that a pink woo i saw in those pics?????

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
julia

Post by julia »

daewoomofo wrote:that kicks ass, is that a pink woo i saw in those pics?????

It sure is, Its a darker metallic pink.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

nice

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

julia wrote:
GsiTurbo wrote:I sent you some info to the email addy you posted, hopefully this will help.

IT RUNS !! IT STARTS UP RIGHT AWAY < SEEMS TO RUN STRONG!! WERE SO EXCITED!!! its got a non turbo manifold on it now. We figured we'd run it and get the vaccum lines going without the turbo first and were its been sitting, run oil through it and do an oil change first!? Any opinions here? also it says to flush the oil and turbo system with diesel first? yay or nay? This is damn exciting, we cant wait to taker for a rip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad to hear it's up and running.... I'm not sure about the flushing with diesel thing.... don't think I've heard that one before.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Low weight oil to flush.

Straight 5 or 10
julia

Post by julia »

Its been a big week for the Daewoo, went from sitting in a snowbank to RUNNING in 4 days!
Still a longs ways to go, but check er out!

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104 ... icture.flv

Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Nice work !

Thats one hot car you got now !

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
julia wrote:

Glad to hear it's up and running.... I'm not sure about the flushing with diesel thing.... don't think I've heard that one before.
as far as i know diesel engine oil contains much more cleaning agents than petrol engine oil, you can always use an engine flush product to do the job.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
julia

Post by julia »

MMamdouh wrote:
chris@PrecisionBoost wrote:
julia wrote:Thanks for the info it was key!!!

as far as i know diesel engine oil contains much more cleaning agents than petrol engine oil, you can always use an engine flush product to do the job.

MMamdouh
Yeah thats what i hear too. But what im asking is about diesel itself. Not deisel oil. Actual diesel fuel. whadda ya think? It actually says it on the Garrett factory Inatall Instructions tag on the turbo.