2000 lanos se hatch - wanting to install sub

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Sp0rk

2000 lanos se hatch - wanting to install sub

Post by Sp0rk »

I have a 2000 Daewoo Lanos SE hatch and have bought a Sony Xplod 600watt (at 4ohms) amp and 10" 800watt (4ohm) sub but was wondering if I would need a 1 (or possibly 2?) farad capacitor to help power this thing? The amp is rated to pull 50amps and from what I can tell from others on this forum the alternator only puts out around 95amps?

i also have a sony xplod head unit that is 55watts x 4 channels and is running without a problem... just concerned about adding the sub to it as well

this is for my girlfriends car so rather than jump right in I thought I'd check around first

any help would be greatly appreciated :)
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: 2000 lanos se hatch - wanting to install sub

Post by daewooluvr »

Sp0rk wrote:I have a 2000 Daewoo Lanos SE hatch and have bought a Sony Xplod 600watt (at 4ohms) amp and 10" 800watt (4ohm) sub but was wondering if I would need a 1 (or possibly 2?) farad capacitor to help power this thing? The amp is rated to pull 50amps and from what I can tell from others on this forum the alternator only puts out around 95amps?

i also have a sony xplod head unit that is 55watts x 4 channels and is running without a problem... just concerned about adding the sub to it as well

this is for my girlfriends car so rather than jump right in I thought I'd check around first

any help would be greatly appreciated :)
I do not see any reason for that amp to be pulling 50A. Check the fuse on the side of the amp and that'll tell you. Also if you need to add a cap, you want to add 1F for each 1000watts of true power.
Also, sony overestimates their power output so I'd be willing to be you only get about 300watts of clean useable power from it.

The Lanos alternator is only 75A from what I remember.

I am running an old Profile 800w amp and an Alpine 60x4 HU right now with absolutely no problems. No headlight dimming or anything.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if you use a large enough power wire, and upgrade your ground wires (do a search for info on that) you wont have any problems. also make sure your grounds are good. i am running 2 MTX 7204 2 CH amps im my lanos (one is rated at over 700 watts, the other is close to that [thats the actual factory rateing])and 2 MTX thunder 5500 12" in my lanos and my lighst dont dim too bad. but then again your stereo isnt as large as mine so you shouldnt have a problem if you do a ground wire upgrade.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

im running an alpine 400w amp and a rockford 1600w amp to a dual voice coil clarion 12' and when its up loud everything dims but itd only when the bass kicks. both amps draw about 60 amps combined but ive never had dramas with flat batteries or the like
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."