Custom Fibre-Glass door speaker holders.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lex86

Custom Fibre-Glass door speaker holders.

Post by lex86 »

Hey people.

I was feeling bored the other day and wanted to install some 6" splits in my doors with the tweeters up in the stock 4" speaker slots (The Daewoo Daewoo [ the 1.5i ] ).

So anyway, talked to my favourite assistant as Wow Sight n Sound at kedron ( Any brissy guys, go see Anthony he rules!)

But yeah he said that i'd need to do some metal trimming and i thought stuff that and bought a 5.1 surround system for my puter instead.

On the way home i stopped at a mates place and he was watching High Octane 4 (NZ car tuning dvd) and there was a section about the hosts MR2 and getting speakers put in the door, he went for the door pod addition and it got me thinking... why pay something upwards of $150 when for less and a bit more work i can make my own!

The idea was formed and i began work right away.

BTW there are no Real pictures as yet, read on...

I thought about it and decided that i'd relive my childhood and make a 1:3/4 scale model of the left hand door, just to make sure i could do it (plus the fibreglass matting is like $15 for 3m, but anyway).

So yeah i've just about completed my paper-maché model and will post pics of it when done, for now i'll do a 3d mockup in 3dsmax7/milkshape.

Lemme know hey, if y'all are interested i'll do a full design spec of it.

PEACE

-Lex
-Lex

The future will come!
Told ya, its already here!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you could also do what i did . cut the door pannels and put the speakers through. that way is free

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
chris2511
Super

Post by chris2511 »

Im definately interested! Ive been pondering on this idea for ages, let us know how it goes!
Two rights do not make a wrong.
When blondes have more fun, do they know it?
jorge
Expert

Post by jorge »

I have a 6.5 speakers in my doors whitout cutting any piece or use fiberglass. I remove the factory spacers who reduce the 6.5 whole to a 4''. And put a 6.5 spacer of 1/2. And done... And looks factory...
Con mas mec.s que un taller jajajajaja Mec. Diaz, Mec. Cheo Racing, Mec. eljunito, y ed flash tunning simplemente los mejores!
lex86

Post by lex86 »

Hey all, I would gladly love to use existing holes in the door, but alas i dont have them full stop. So either i need to cut the door apart and put speakers in or do it this way.

Right so hopefully that works else...

http://lex1986.fr33host.net/doorspeakers.png

But yeah, preliminary paper mache model came up pretty good, my phone died so i couldnt take any photos (nokia 6288 2mp camera, 1gb storage, yadda yadda its a phone with a camera lol)

But yeah, depending on what spare time i have this week i should set out to make this puppy for real. now if i judge by the amount of views to people replying with interest... i'll take piccies as i go and make a tutorial with tips and pointers that hopefully someone else will copy and revise... audacity, jonnyc, whoever :P

Peace all
-Lex

The future will come!
lex86

Post by lex86 »

Okay all was bored and i said i would so heres a slightly dodgy 3d model with badly textured overlay (it was milkshape 3d... my 3dsmax7 was fubared.)

And yeah, thats what i'm trying to do. Simple as that.

I could buy these...

But at $220 from Autobahn (the one off Sandgate Rd, Nudgee/nundah [whatever it is] for you brisvegans) I'd prefer to set the challenge and make them myself to look like what * I * want them to and to suit my taste and incredible style ( *cough* roflmao *cough*) nah, i just want something that is customised to suit my car and noone else has (cept for you guys when i make instructions :P )
-Lex

The future will come!