Need secret kill switch..........

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Edman

Need secret kill switch..........

Post by Edman »

After all the work put into the engine with new parts and the new stereo, that I hooked up to play MP3 songs off my new phone! I feel it's time to add extra security!

I'm thinking the cheapest thing to do is add a secret kill switch! Anybody have any good ideas? Or a secret fuel pump switch? All input welcomed!

Edman....
woo
Expert

Re: Need secret kill switch..........

Post by woo »

hook a switch into the power for the fuel pump and mount the switch to the seat rail. thats what my uncle did and his car has never been stolen
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

if it was up to me i'd be stupid enough to put a switch that disconnects the battery from evrything else.lol
not a good idea, however.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

a long time ago my dad stold me about a friend of his that made it so that you could only start the car if you pushed in the cirarett lighter. the lighter didnt work as a lighter any more but if he took the lighter out you couldnt start the car. i thought that was a pretty bad ass idea

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Wow lol that would be awsome , My brother just got a romovable steering wheel and his car has never been stolen... but i dont think anyone has ever really tried haha

KDM 2.0 Nubira
Nemasys
Junior

Post by Nemasys »

Dillon wrote:Wow lol that would be awsome , My brother just got a romovable steering wheel and his car has never been stolen... but i dont think anyone has ever really tried haha
Removable steering also a good idea but what if you park somewhere for the day to go to a fair or something like that, carrying your steering wheel around with you all day isn't very practical :lol: Hidden kill switch would be best IMO :D
2004 Aveo Hatchback 2.0L Turbocharged
- T3/T4 T04E .60 A/R Compressor
- HKS SSQV, OBX Wastegate
- FMIC with 2.5" piping
- Tuned with Megasquirt II v3.57
Edman

OK, I need a vote!

Post by Edman »

So, where should I put a switch to complete a circut??

A. Fuel Pump
B. Ignition
C. Starter

I'm thinking the ignition and starter have alo of power going through them. The fuel pump proabably has the least.

Edman
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

id say that the best to kill is the ingition. if some one tries to start your car and the starter doesnt do any thing they will know that some thing is up. if they dont hear the fuel pump they will also know that some thing is up. the ignition doesnt make any noise. if your worried about too much power going through a switch then use a relay, they are designed for high voltage.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!