Front speakers Weird mishap

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

daewoomofo wrote:do you have a multimeter? if you do check the ohmage of the speakers
Well according to specs from the manufacturer the speakers run at 2 ohms. Only thing i could see as a problem is my head which runs at 4 ohms with 23 rms watts. The head is not blown though i would like to add. I have a spare stereo amp sitting beside me which can run at 2 ohms but the problem is that it runs at 150 rms watts while i think the speakers can only handle 50. Also i dont think my car can produce the power for another amplifier it could hardly handle my sub until i got a cap. My new sub amp im pretty sure has a short though so that may be why its draing so much power.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

well if you get a better battery (optima yellow top) and do the "big 3" (power and ground wire upgrade) your car can handle the two amps. im running 2 amps that are rated at over 600w RMS (each) in my woo, and i have no power cap. if your worried about putting too much power to the speakers you can turn the gain on the amp down, so it doesnt push them too hard. what kind of amps do you have? if your sub amp is shorting out you should get it fixed ASAP so it doesnt short out and ruin the sub or burn you woo down. hope this helps, keep us posted and good luck getting this problem fixxed.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

daewoomofo wrote:well if you get a better battery (optima yellow top) and do the "big 3" (power and ground wire upgrade) your car can handle the two amps. im running 2 amps that are rated at over 600w RMS (each) in my woo, and i have no power cap. if your worried about putting too much power to the speakers you can turn the gain on the amp down, so it doesnt push them too hard. what kind of amps do you have? if your sub amp is shorting out you should get it fixed ASAP so it doesnt short out and ruin the sub or burn you woo down. hope this helps, keep us posted and good luck getting this problem fixxed.
Yeah the amp im running for my sub is 900 watts rms, The amp i have for the two speakers runs at 150 watts rms @ 2 ohms. Yeah im gonna go and try to fix my amp.
Me car
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

what brand are the amps?

daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

daewoomofo wrote:what brand are the amps?
Both of em are kenwoods, Ones a KAC-9152D and the other is a KAC 7 somthing, the Second one is kind of old but is a stereo amp with channels for 2 speakers and is bridgeable.
Me car
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

yeah id say hook the fronts to the 2 ch amp and turn the gain down and get that sub amp fixed ASAP, good luck