My ground wire kit ***pics***

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

So that means that your car run with Liquified Propane Gas (LPG)? that is a converter to gas..
I've heard that the use of that fuel damage the engine head gasket and Head it self. Is that right?
Lanos King Rules!
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

pavlozky wrote:So that means that your car run with Liquified Propane Gas (LPG)? that is a converter to gas..
I've heard that the use of that fuel damage the engine head gasket and Head it self. Is that right?
I don't think so.... Almost every gasoline powered car in europe is driveing on LPG... :D
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
Croco

Post by Croco »

mister_g wrote:It's home made... :D

next po PWS is LPG (I don't know how is it called in english: Thing that converts LPG from liquid to gas)...

It leeking on termostat... :D
LPG - Liquified Petroleum Gas. It is propane-butane (I believe). Is it very popular in Croatia? In Poland most of Daewoo cars have them installed. I have do called II generation and most of my virtual colleagues as well. Recently I have learned that IV gen is not much expensive (800$ versus 600$) and runs very well - the same fuel consumption. When I was installing mine I was reading about several problems with IV gen, but not it look like somebody did very bad job on it.
Nubira II '01, 2.0 AT, noPB + LPG, CB radio
Matiz '99
Croco

Post by Croco »

pavlozky wrote:So that means that your car run with Liquified Propane Gas (LPG)? that is a converter to gas..
I don't think so :) I believe more then 80% of my colleagues from Polish Nubira Forum have it installed and so far - there is no proof that any damage is caused by LPG. Obviously you have to take better car for wires and sparks if you have II gen. If you don't you may get "the shot" into intake which may demage your air filter or some other small parts. So far I get none and car drives perfect. There is no such problem for IV generation (sequent) LPG installation.

I am driving on LPG already 20 000 miles. Some of my colleagues exceeded 200k.

Daewoo Lanos was this first (and probably the only one) car in Poland factory prepared for LPG. Into several other you can add LPG installation at the dealer and keep your warranty :) If you will compare actual LPG and gasoline prices - there is nothing to think about: 1.9 PLN/l versus 4.2 PLN/l (0.63 v 1.39$/l). My II gen burns about 10l of gasoline or 12l of LPG+1 l of gasoline. For IV gen should be 10l total (LPG+gasoline).
Nubira II '01, 2.0 AT, noPB + LPG, CB radio
Matiz '99