Cruise Control in a Nexia

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

j62k

Cruise Control in a Nexia

Post by j62k »

I have seen the following cruise control kit offered for sale and was curious to know if I could fit it to my Nexia -

Vauxhall Cruise Control Kit. Previously fitted to my Cavalier, taken from a Carlton, and identical to that in the Senator, this cruise control kit can be made to fit most Vauxhalls pre '94. The kit is complete with everything to make the cruise work, ECU, loom, actuator, stalk, brake and clutch switches and I've fitted an "active" LED just in case you forget it's turned on. Fantistic bit of kit, selling only due to scrapping car. Bear in mind there may be some drilling required to mount the components, and please be sure that the ECU and mechanical connections are compatible with your car

I asked the seller if he had any comments as to its suitability for a Nexia and he replied -

"mechanically I think that you could make it fit, I was almost about to
fit it to a Rover! the problem you will have is ensuring that the speed
signal from the back of the dash is the same, I think the pulses
required is 5500 pulses per kilometer, as a 12v square wave. you may
have to do a bit of research to find out whether the speed signal is
compatible with the cruise kit. unfortunately having never fitted it to
a Daewoo I can't say."

Unfortunately this all means nothing to me so if anyone can explain it or has any thoughts as to its suitability for my Nexia then I'd love to hear from them.

Thanks
No1_spaceman

Post by No1_spaceman »

Hi,
I reckon this should fit your car, as a Nexia is basically A Vauxhall Astra Mark 2.

All the best,
Spaceman.