New 6.5 in the way of window rollers....damn

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

darkspeed415

New 6.5 in the way of window rollers....damn

Post by darkspeed415 »

yeah i was all happy about my new 6.5s until i tried to roll up the windows...d'oh! the rollers hit the speakers frame. :oops: i have an 02 Lanos. i have come up with a solution: Cut a section out of the handles so that they are shorter. then somehow reconnet them, but how?
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

hmm... is not easy to get a short handdle? I don't think any glue will resist.

Do you use the same lanos speakers grills or put another (the one who came with the speakers.)
ImageImage
darkspeed415

Post by darkspeed415 »

I cut a hole in the door panel and screwed the speakers onto the panel. They dont have grilles on them. I dont know where to get a shorter handle?
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

on the door panel? ow boy i did that once it sucks you loose alot of basspower from the speakers then cuase the plastic vibrates.

Personaly if i was you i would get some other door panels and fit the speakers on the door itself (make some wood ofsets for em though) then you speakers will sound 10x better

yust my 2 cents... if you still wanna have em on plastic not sure how you could fix that :cry: ... maybe make the iron rod a bit longer so the handle sticks out further?
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

or better yet, just get power windows :)
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

ja ja ja ..... :lol:
ImageImage
darkspeed415

Post by darkspeed415 »

well these are strictly for highs anyway. i have a rockford 12 in a bandpass box that provides great bass, so. yeah i just need a dremel (rotary) cutter then i would make some wood brackets...i was in a big rush to get the speakers in..
actually i was quoted power windows for like $200 or 250 something like that from my local stereo shop.
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

darkspeed415 wrote:well these are strictly for highs anyway. i have a rockford 12 in a bandpass box that provides great bass, so. yeah i just need a dremel (rotary) cutter then i would make some wood brackets...i was in a big rush to get the speakers in..
actually i was quoted power windows for like $200 or 250 something like that from my local stereo shop.
Thats a good price if it includes labor. I get these kits wholesale and they cost me around $100 for a 2 door kit (not counting the frieght cost) plus there is a good deal of work to get these in and working in a reliable manner.
darkspeed415

Post by darkspeed415 »

i dunno i think i can deal with having to put some effort into rolling up my windows...doesnt bother me too much.