AirBag Light. WTF

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

AirBag Light. WTF

Post by daewhorider »

So yesterday i ahd my suspension fixed and now my car drives great(needs to be realigned) but its still good. So today i start up my car only to find that the Air bag light stays on WTF everytime i fix somthing in this car a new problem arrises. Could it be because i got a new light bulb put in the trunk?(Varad LED) It said on car domain that it may cause check engine light to go on but i dont see what it would have to do with the airbag, plus this was like an hour after the bulb instal. Can anyone diagnose this?
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

ugh im trying to reset the computer by unplugging the battery. will let you know what happens tomm, just telling for incase some has the same problem.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

That won't fix it. Unfortunately your airbag light may have inadvertanly came on. You need to go to a dealership to have them check it and reset the code. There is no way I have found to reset it on my own. In fact, I haven't had the dealership fix my light yet either, I just unplugged the stupid bulb from the cluster (haha). :) I'll get it reset someday. From what I understand this is a fairly common thing.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

isn't their a recall on the airbag module? maybe this is what you are experiancing and you can do it for free.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Mine has been on for over 6 months now and it drives me crazy !!!
I have spent well over two full days with 2 different diagnosis machines and could not get that damn light off !!!

My dealer swears he can shut the light off so I might go and do it ... mine was my fault I was checking all my fuses by pulling them out one by one (STUPID THING TO DO ) I should have used a test light

Last thing is to check the seat belt switch under you drivers seat I have read that that will trigger your airbag light if it malfunctions
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I just unplugged the bulb from inside the dash cluster. It is not the best thing to do, but that light is very annoying indeed.
Damic

Post by Damic »

Last month I had the same problem, tryed to disconnect the negative battery terminal, wait about half an our, and nothing happened. Later I drove the Lanos 1.5 to service and they fixed it in two minutes, just reseting was made and the error code showed loss of electricity as culprit.
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

MMamdouh wrote:isn't their a recall on the airbag module? maybe this is what you are experiancing and you can do it for free.

MMamdouh
I today fixed my 1998 Lanos air bag light. I got a second hand module from the breakers and my light now stays off. Before when I turn on the ignition my airbag light would stay lit for about 5 seconds and then go out for a second and then come back on. Now it goes out after 5 seconds and stays out. I opened up the bad module to have a look inside.

lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

It looks like something is wrong with that chip kinda looks melted i think anyways, and looks kinda fried. Damn Motorola!!
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

The component at the top left of the pic that looks melted and the 2 capacitors in the middle are covered in a thick sticky goo substance. I'm not sure what that stuff is for.
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

that sticky goo is both a decrosive substance and i think its a silicone, so its, to keep the terminals contacted and nothin short circuiting
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!