Questions about headlight bulbs

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

edited as you posted :lol:

http://www.xtremewhite.com/ORD-Light~bu ... -1-1-1.cfm

same brand as the others, just different site
delphis
Expert

Re: Questions about headlight bulbs

Post by delphis »

kinkyllama wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote: I have been thinking about Sylvania Silverstars, but as we all know, they are pretty expensive, and the new lights need 4 bulbs.
I used those several times.. really, not worth it. Now I pick up the cheap bulbs from ebay, they only last half the time but are a hell of alot better looking (when looking at the car) and light up the road better. They may not last as long but they are still a better bang for the buck and work better. I just bought 4 sets cuz i drive alot and have daytime running lights, so i go through one bulb every 5 weeks or so.

Edit: I've been going with 5000k for the ebay bulbs and pay like 10bux shipped a set
hmmm that is strange I have had the silver stars in my car for almost a year now and no problems and I always drive with my headlights on due to the fact that in a small car its harder for bigger trucks to see us and I am always driving through tunnels and what not and it gets pretty dark out hear in the winter time.

But I have had the set for a while and I drive about 70+ miles a day with my headlights on and no problems yet.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

The Bulbs I've used in my car are OEM 9007, Nokya 9007 Arctic Whites (blue really), and Sylvania Silverstars.

OEM: I'm sure everyone has experienced the OEM lights. Decent, but nothing worth celebrating.

Blue Nokyas: The highest cool factor, but almost the most dangerous. You can barely see anything with the blue light. I had to drive around with my high beams on if I wanted to survive a dark road. Rain was even worse. The glare off the road completely cancelled out the illumination abilities of the lights, even with the lows on. I'd have kept these simply for the cool blue look if I wasn't worried I'd die.

Silverstars: The best I've used so far. Audacity is right, you can see everything in your periph. perfectly, but the illumination gets a bit worse down the road, you could always turn on the brights, but then you risk blinding small children and woodland creatures.

Tell me what your experience with yellow lights is, if it is really that good, I'll get myself a pair.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Of course. :)
I plan top do a full comparison with lots of opinion. LOL

The bulbs I have are:

OEM
Xenon Blue
Silverstars

and when they arrive:
55W low beam and 100W high beam yellow H1 Xenon.
kan

Post by kan »

I'm testing Phillips NightGuide bulbs in my car right now. http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/c ... main=gb_en
This is a good solution to a problem with white light during wet weather. Right side of road is in white but a surface of road is light up in yellow.
I recommend this light bulbs.
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

I have the Eurolite XBs in my high beams, and Eurolite Super Plasma Purple bulbs in my low beams. These are bright and clear, and rather cheap compared to the Silverstars, $25 a pair, compared to $40 a bulb, at least here in Canada anyway.
My Chevy Woo
2004 Chevy Optra 5
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The yellow bulbs are BY FAR the very best I have ever used.
I can see farther with more detail and clearer direct-view and side-view than any bulbs I have tried.

I took my father for a ride in my Leganza at night so he could see how they looked, and now he wants to change all his cars to them, too.

If you can get yellow bulbs for your car, then do so.

Yes, yellow looks kinda strange, but WOW they are good at night!! :)

Who knows, maybe we'll get something new started and everyone will think that bright yellow is the new "in" color to have. :lol:
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

I'm using Phillips Vision Plus. They are not that white but still on the yellow range. Very long throw distance that is edged out only by Osram Silverstars. I would recommend either.

I wouldn't recommend Phillips Diamond Vision, Blue Vision or Crystal Vision. The light emitted are cooler (whiter) but the penetration and throw distance all are shorter.