aftermarket tachometer?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azazel19
Junior

aftermarket tachometer?

Post by azazel19 »

i need to install a tach. i hate not having one i have instructions i obtained from daewootech.net and i was wondering if this info was correct. and if it is difficult to install. the signal wire and 12V wire are no prob. but i was wondering where to hook up the wire for the light that would come on with the dash lights and hook up through the dimmer.

i have a 00 lanos hatch 1.6L any help is appreciated. here is the info from daewootech.net

Before you do anything move your tachometer all over, and choose teh location you wish to put it, you will want to pick a location easily viewable while driving, but will not block your view of the road or other gauges.

1. Look under the passengers seat. Either move the seat all the way foward OR take the seat off by removing the 4 bolts.

2. Find the ECU.

3. Take the plastic cover off of it.

4. Locate the 3 wire bunches.

5. Locate the Middle wire bunch.

6. Locate the second row in that wire bunch

7. Locate the green wire W/ black stripe (apprx. 7th from right side)

8. Connect the tachometer signal wire (typically green) to this wire.

9. Once you have this done its just a matter of hooking up the rest of the wires.

10. Hook up the hot / 12vdc / power cable (typically red) to a designated power source.

11. Hook up the ground cable (typically black) to a designated ground source. We choose a screw that went into the cars body.

12. Hook up the light wire (in this case, white) to either a switch or the light switch thats located to the left of the dash.

13. Hook up the tachometer into designated location, in our case we did this last because we used a connector so we could easily disconnect the tach anytime.

14. Rev it UP!!
"mess with the best die like the rest"
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I did it with that and everything when fine.

Mat 8)
cecilito

Tachometer...

Post by cecilito »

Wow, this does not seem difficult to do...
Any suggestions on the make/brand of the tach?
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an instrument cluster from the Lanos Sport and hook it up easily in the "regular" Lanos?
If so, will all the new gauges, including the tach work without any extra wiring?
Thanks a lot
Cecil Cerdan
Kentucky, USA
'97 Nexia (in Spain)
'00 Nubira (in Spain)
'00 Nubira (SOLD)
'01 Lanos Sedan
'02 Nubira (almost in the wrapper, 4,000 miles)
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

Yes it is possible and I have one for sale :)

Mat 8)
azazel19
Junior

aftermarket tach

Post by azazel19 »

I was looking at advanced auto they have several tachs, some smaller ones like 3 inch around 40 dollars u.s. and they had two 5 inch tachs one was autometer that was 116 dollars u.s. and they also had a 5 inch faze tach that was white face el, and it was 160 dollars u.s.
"mess with the best die like the rest"