Blue gauges..... IT WORKS!!!

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KeNiCHi

Blue gauges..... IT WORKS!!!

Post by KeNiCHi »

I have started changing my gauges colour. I am using high light blue leds, with a 470 Ohm resistor in the anode. Using 2 leds for replace each w5w bulb (have 4).

I have started changing just 1 bulb, and it looks great. I'll take some pix (my 7650 would have a decent resolution) and post..

Remember that LED are diodes, and they have polarity. If you mount good, and have no light, please rotate 180?.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

LEDs are great to replace bulbs.
I ordered 100 super brigt blue LEDs from Hong Kong, along with 100 resistors , all shipped for around $18.

So far, they look great as I am changing all the lights in my fiance's blue Lanos over to blue.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:LEDs are great to replace bulbs.
I ordered 100 super brigt blue LEDs from Hong Kong, along with 100 resistors , all shipped for around $18.

So far, they look great as I am changing all the lights in my fiance's blue Lanos over to blue.
I definately wanna see some pics when you're done. I'll be doing the same over the winter. Only problem I see is with the clock. Anyone know where to get a digital clock in different colors?
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

daewooluvr wrote:Only problem I see is with the clock. Anyone know where to get a digital clock in different colors?
I don't see that as a problem.
I am going to take the clock apart and put a sheet of clear blue plastic in there so when the clock is visible, it will be blue.

When I find the right kind of plastic, I'll try it out on the clock in my parts car, take pics & let everyone know where I got the plastic.

I'll take pics of each step and make a tutorial page.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

good work
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:LEDs are great to replace bulbs.

Great price!!!!

Blue LED's are like gold here....very expensive...hard to find them for under a dollar in small quantities ( small as in less than 100)
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

all my digital gauges i have boughtin so far are amber because my interior is black and yellow....in the makin anyways and i want to replace al lthe lights with amber ones but i dont know shit about that stuff

can you guys help me out alittle, like what resisters to use and what all that shit means??
blue woo

Post by blue woo »

I have replaced the shift boot with a blue light..... but not led :( Its not too bad... just kind of a light blue and not too bright. I was wondering how do you get to the lights in the a/c compartment and dials ; and which lights are the ones i need to change for the dials... I'm hoping to go led's in the dials. Also, the light in the a/c is actually in the a/c compartment how do i get that open? it would be great if i could find this out thnx
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: Blue gauges..... IT WORKS!!!

Post by kinkyllama »

KeNiCHi wrote:I have started changing my gauges colour. I am using high light blue leds, with a 470 Ohm resistor in the anode. Using 2 leds for replace each w5w bulb (have 4).

I have started changing just 1 bulb, and it looks great. I'll take some pix (my 7650 would have a decent resolution) and post..

Remember that LED are diodes, and they have polarity. If you mount good, and have no light, please rotate 180?.
What do you drive? and what was the color before you changed the bulbs out with the LEDs?... was that the color of the bulbs or the dash paper thingy
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

bump.

pics?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:
daewooluvr wrote:Only problem I see is with the clock. Anyone know where to get a digital clock in different colors?
I don't see that as a problem.
I am going to take the clock apart and put a sheet of clear blue plastic in there so when the clock is visible, it will be blue.

When I find the right kind of plastic, I'll try it out on the clock in my parts car, take pics & let everyone know where I got the plastic.

I'll take pics of each step and make a tutorial page.
actualy i read this on a camry forum for the green you can use photo lense filters, a half stop magenta and a half stop cyan i hear would turn it blue but dims it down a bit.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting