alternator

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

alternator

Post by daewoomofo »

i have a 01 lanos 4dr. i have 2 12' mtx thunder 5500 on an alpine m301 and a rockford 500x running my insides, i have a 2.0 fared power cap but my lights still dim when the bass hits, my question is are ther any high output alternators out ther for the daewoo's? cause i really need more power, please help!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

How much watts is all that max and rms?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the 301 is a single channel 350w rms amp, and the 500x is 500 rms.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

daewoomofo wrote:the 301 is a single channel 350w rms amp, and the 500x is 500 rms.
Upgrade the ground wires and get a optima yellow top.. you should be okay w/ just that. Try that first though.

I'll be running 1500rms@ 1ohm and 250rms @ 4ohm in a week or two here on my forenza... i think i should be able to manage.. i just probably cant turn up the bass at idle is all. Plus i have UD pulley which doesnt help
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

ive already got good ground cables, and i have plans for a yellow top in the near future, but thanks for the advise
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

upgrade the wire from the alterator, also you can take it to an alternator shop and have then give it a look over and check what the output is. your alternator should put out MORE than enough for you system, it's rated at 85 amps if it test too much lower than that look at buying a new one, and low out put is a sign of the unit dying
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
kroz123
Expert

Re: alternator

Post by kroz123 »

daewoomofo wrote:i have a 01 lanos 4dr. i have 2 12' mtx thunder 5500 on an alpine m301 and a rockford 500x running my insides, i have a 2.0 fared power cap but my lights still dim when the bass hits, my question is are ther any high output alternators out ther for the daewoo's? cause i really need more power, please help!
Wel man when I went the PR for vacation I went to pepboys and there was a flyer sticked on a piece of plastic on the cashier counter.
That said to have HO alternators but don't remember the side or the name of the company that makes them.
I think mocpac_ser would know the name or website of this company.
T18SED Engine.