Central Locking

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nexia16v

Central Locking

Post by nexia16v »

I have a nexia 1.5 GLXI 1996/97

When locking the car the central locking only works on the drivers side. locking the passengers inside or out has no effect on the drivers.

Was it designed like that or is it meant to lock the drivers side as well?

Reason I ask is that i'm installing a remote for the central locking, I wired it up yesterday, got it working apart from that it only locks and unlocks the passangers side.
I'm just guessing that it is because a type of servo is damaged and you can only lock the drivers side mechanically.

Your advice would be much appriciated!

Rob
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

supposidly the two front central locking are master locks so if you lock one of them it must lock the 4 doors... try locking the passenger side door, if it locks all 4 doors then the trigger or the trigger wire for locking the other doors on the drivers' side lock is not working.

if both don't lock the doors then it could be something wrong with the central lock relay.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

it's a three door car, when i lock the passenger it won't activate the central locking. Central locking only works on the drivers door. I have taken both door panels off and had a look at the setup, both have the same setup so i'm assuming the drivers door locking motor is broken.
The drivers door will lock mechanically, as in it locks with the key but not with central locking.

I just want to make sure that is the problem before i go out and buy another motor.
angel

central loking

Post by angel »

are you trying to lock it with you inside or are you trying to lock it wen you get out cause if you try to lock it wen getting out of the car i thaught daewoo made it so you cant lock the driver door unless you close the door its done that way so you dont lock your keys inside