power window pulley thing broke what now.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azazel19
Junior

power window pulley thing broke what now.

Post by azazel19 »

the other day rolled the window down and guess what won't come back up. took the door apart and the pulley that's connected to the motor is all tangled up and it's no fixing it took it all out so i could get the window up. taped it up till i can get it fixed. question is has anybody experienced this and what can i expect to pay for the part. I assume the pully cable thing and the rail that the window attaches to is one part. by the way i have a 00 lanos hatch with power windows.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
smo

Post by smo »

Check http://www.gm-car-parts.com and http://www.daewoous.com for parts and prices. On the daewooUS website, you will have to create a username and password, then login before you can view the online catalog. Then, when you get the part you want, you have to add it to your cart to see the price. The gm site is pretty straight forward.

Good Luck!
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

This happend to me too! The cable around the pulley on the window motor got all dried up and tangled. I still have't got around to getting it fixed. A wooden block is holding my passenger window up! The motor and all of its components look to be one complete piece. I thinkg I read on GM-Car-Parts.com $76 or something like that.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
azazel19
Junior

window regulator

Post by azazel19 »

actually the motor can be taken off the regulator is only 34 dollars. I ordered it yesterday. thanks for all of the replies.
"mess with the best die like the rest"