Wiring info for Sunbird 2.0l 8v swap...

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Chas Wiggins

Wiring info for Sunbird 2.0l 8v swap...

Post by Chas Wiggins »

What is involved in the wiring in the 2.0l 8v Sunbird turbo swap into a 2000 Lanos hb?

Do you simply need the ecu and wiring harness from the Sunbird or will you have to integrate the two systems to utilize all of the factory accesories, (windshield wipers, a/c[if this swap can even use a/c], radio etc. etc)? :)
1991 Galant VR4
2000 Daewoo Lanos
1992 Subaru SVX
1986 VW GTi
1988 Mazda GTX

I just don't like pulling up to a red light next to a car like mine.

SCCA Solo2 H-stock and rally wannabe
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I haven't got to the wiring yet but I pulled the engine / ECU harness out of my Sunbird GT turbo and it looks like it has everything I need.

I'm personally going to leave all the factory Lanos wiring in place.

The accessories usually have nothing to do with the factory PCM/ECU so you should be able to remove the Lanos PCM/ECU and keep the two wiring systems separate.

My Sunbird GT turbo came with A/C but I don't plan on using it so that I can save the weight and power drain.

I'm sure that your local A/C shop will be able to fix it up so that the Sunbird A/C works with your Lanos.

I'm also in the process of hooking this site up on a really great hosting service so we will have a huge amount of room for pictures and tutorials ( 600MB Webspace)

I should have about 300 or so pictures when I'm done so I will detail the step by step process of removing and reinstalling the wiring/ vacume lines/ mechanical linkage.
As of yet the only one to do the swap completely is GsiTurbo who just moved from my home town to Ontario.

I don't know if he's on this board much anymore but I'm sure I will be asking him for tips here and there.

I also have a factory paper service manual for the Sunbird as well as a CD manual for the Lanos so I can help you out if need be.

By the way.... since your new to the board, I'm an electronics eng. tech. so I should be able to help you out with any problems you encounter.

I will probably start the wiring when I pull the 1.5L out of the Lanos in the spring ( should make it easier to work on with the engine removed)
Chas Wiggins

Post by Chas Wiggins »

Great. I really appreciate it. I'm probably the only person in Lou. Ky, that is planning on big stuff for my Daewoo. Hell, Daewoo's are very rare in Lou. Thanks again. :)
1991 Galant VR4
2000 Daewoo Lanos
1992 Subaru SVX
1986 VW GTi
1988 Mazda GTX

anesTHEtic34

Post by anesTHEtic34 »

Erfinder is, indeed, the man.
if i could change the way you look at me
i'd carve your eyes out with a knife.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

Erfinder, are you finaly comming to montreal?? ANd BTW hope you'll have time soon to copy me this cd for the lanos.

Mat 8)
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

anesTHEtic34: Erfinder is, indeed, the man.
Yes he is...

i want to move to canada... :roll:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

maniac16v wrote:i want to move to canada... :roll:
Canada is great if you don't mind freezing your ass off for a few days of the year.

Most of the time winter temps here in Edmonton ( 8 hours north of american border) are about -10 degrees Celcius ( 14 degrees F )

But it seems like about twice a year we get an evil dose of arctic air that results in -30 deg C temperatures ( -22 degrees F ....and yes there is such thing as minus 22 degrees F :lol: )

Of course our summers are really nice with lots of sun and temperatures in the range of about 25 deg C to 32 deg C ( 77 deg F to 90 deg F )
Chas Wiggins

Post by Chas Wiggins »

Sorry to stay off topic but I gotta get this out: the temperature in louisville today was in the high 50's (50 deg. F). How do you like that for two days after christmas. Well this warm weather is quite unusual for even Kentucky. :D
1991 Galant VR4
2000 Daewoo Lanos
1992 Subaru SVX
1986 VW GTi
1988 Mazda GTX

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Ha, I'm in Pennsylvania and it's that warm here. And yes is also gets to -20 degrees at time...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Erfinder wrote:
maniac16v wrote:i want to move to canada... :roll:
Canada is great if you don't mind freezing your ass off for a few days of the year.

Most of the time winter temps here in Edmonton ( 8 hours north of american border) are about -10 degrees Celcius ( 14 degrees F )

But it seems like about twice a year we get an evil dose of arctic air that results in -30 deg C temperatures ( -22 degrees F ....and yes there is such thing as minus 22 degrees F :lol: )

Of course our summers are really nice with lots of sun and temperatures in the range of about 25 deg C to 32 deg C ( 77 deg F to 90 deg F )
hmmm...

you know something... i dont care 8)
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph