3 x 12s in a lanos - thatll be the DAEWOO...

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

3 x 12s in a lanos - thatll be the DAEWOO...

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

ok, as the title says, i was thinking about upgrading my subs, but instead, i was persuded to get an extra 12in sub. and as my amp can handle a 1ohm load, i thought id give it a go.

it wasnt easy, i have NO SPACE to place around with the box, it JUST FITS, and the subs only just fit too...we are talking 2mm clear on the whole face of the box!!! but it was well worth it. i have no boot space now, check it out.

(its not finished, but thought id show you its possible, i will post dimensions etc once im done)

they are pioneer 12s, 400wRMS each, and getting 300wRMS each (underpowered i know, but well loud...more than enough for me) carpeting the box and whole boot tomorrow, and should be all finished this week. im fibreglassing some 6.5 comps in the rear quarter panels, as im not kean on 6x9s. very bassy, and its has the standard shelf etc. what you guys recon?
for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

holy shit! I want a ride!
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

OMG! :shock: i recon you could blast the windows of the whole block with those things turned loud enough... hell they can blast your car's windows when they are turned off :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

That's awesome.
If you want to improve it even more you should turn the centre sub around so instead of facing it into the box have it facing out, you will then need to change the phase on it by 180 so it's in face with your 2 other subs either side. If you have it out of face with the other subs it won't be as much of a tight sound and will proberbly give you a headache after a while.
That should balance out the tone better and beef up the sound.

Just a sujestion.