Question concerning gauges...

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

scarr
Junior

Question concerning gauges...

Post by scarr »

I'm really stumped on the fact that for some reason the U.S. released Lanos' did not come with a tach in the gauge cluster, so I'm having some friends up in Ontario and Scarborough search junkyards for a cluster out of one up there with a tach.

However I'm curious about a few things..
If they find one for me, I can just change out the internals for the speedometer, trip meter and odometer to keep my mph settings right?

If so, is there any ETA at all for indiglo or reverse glow gauges with MPH as the primary and KMH as secondary display? Or should I just do the math and adjust the cluster they send me to reflect my current mileage only in kilometers rather than miles?

I just really want to get myself a tach and some reverse glow gauges for my lanos, only I don't want to add an extra gauge onto my dash. They look tacky.
orangelmo

Post by orangelmo »

good luck to your friends, i live in markham - on the border of scarborough - and was kinda hard to find a lanos in the yards
Tickle me?! Dont even try it...
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I have a brand new Lanos cluster with tach. PM me if interested. Speedo is scaled in Km/h only, but you can change over and use your original speedometer.

tom