wiring diagrams for optra5

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

free7megs

wiring diagrams for optra5

Post by free7megs »

i just purchased an audiovox aps-590 alarm...my friend needs the cars wiring diagrams in order to install this.

where can i find this? would a suzuki reno or daewoo lacetti diagram work? my car is a 2004.

thanks.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Depends...

Is your car a Optra5 or Optra Wagon? If so, those are the same cars with a few minor differences.

If it is a regular Optra, look for the Suzuky Forenza/Daewoo-Chevrolet Nubira instead. Optra5/Wagon might be in fact similar, but I know there some differences in the doorlock circuit. For example, they don't have the Driver Lock/Unlock swith for all doors.

Unless GM has changed its mind between years, the canadian version does not come with an "immobilizer" (chip on the key). I know my 2005 doesn't, so that's one less thing to care about.

For your install, would this info be enough?
2004 Suzuki Forenza Wiring for alarms
free7megs

Post by free7megs »

it's an optra5...my friend found something for the suzuki reno so he's gonna give it a shot today, if that doesn't work out i'll give him the forenza info. thanks.

thats odd...the dealer assured me that my car is equipped with a passive immobilizer, most new vehicles have them don't they?
Mario

Post by Mario »

Yeah, my dealer was also confused about that immobilizer thing.

They stated that it was impossible to cut a 3rd key that would start the car without great expenses. Guess what, I insisted by telling them that it would only serve me to unlock the doors and they didn't program it into the car computer.

To their surprise, I was also able to start the car! With a 10$ key
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I have a complete GM database which includes the Optra and Optra5

Email me with what you require at..... precisionboost@shaw.ca and I will send you the info you need