Installing 6x9 Speakers in rear arm rests?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Those are the ones I have in my Lanos and they sound wonderful.
I suggest about 100 watts RMS per side and set the crossover to not allow any frequency under 65Hz to get to them.
How do you adjust the watts RMS?

And will the tweater fit in my factory one?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

kinkyllama wrote:
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Those are the ones I have in my Lanos and they sound wonderful.
I suggest about 100 watts RMS per side and set the crossover to not allow any frequency under 65Hz to get to them.
How do you adjust the watts RMS?

And will the tweater fit in my factory one?
You adjust the amplifier's output with the gain controll. You may need to go to a trustworthy, well equipped stereo shop to have the output verified.

I do not know what size tweeters you have, so I can not tell you if they will fit.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

thanks! well find out if they do.. i ordered them last night. If they dont fit i know some that'll buy them for more than i did :lol:
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

well, heres my info on daewoo lanos install.

right, it can sound shit having speakers in the rear overpowering the fronts. this is something best covered in general on an audio site.

now, i have put 5.25 front components in my car, and they sound wicked. i also have 6x9s on my shelf,

6x9s only usually work well on a shelf, as they use the boot as an enclousure. and if you put them in the rear quaters, or anywhere else, they wont sound as good. also, if you put a sub in the boot it will be creating pressure in the boot, which will be acting against the 6x9s speaker...so you have to be careful what you do.

i have stripped my boot out, and installed a sub and a few amps, and i have found i can probably squease some 6x9s in the stock locations, with the fabrication of a mdf ring.

anyway, i will be posting a huge topic/how to guide when i finally finish my install, and you can all see.

EDIT, HERES SOME PICS OF MY SHELF, IT CURRENTLY ONLY HAS 1 PAIR OV 6X9S, BUT ITS BEEN COVERED IN BLACK CARPET, AND LOOKS WICKED, YOU WOULDNT KNOW IT WAS A STEALTH SHELF.

for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com
flat6

Post by flat6 »

Nice job UK_REZ

Thats what i was planning on doing as well, is that the original parcle shelf you used with the mdf?

I Just bought my self some 6x9's, n yeh they do overpower the front a lil but ive managed to keep that under controll with the head unit settings..

Look forward to the HOW TO thread :D

cheers
UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM
Junior

Post by UK_REZ_ESSEXRACERS.COM »

its a whole new shelf, i have made 2, i might even sell one, but i doubt il find a buyer.

i just use the fader to keep the music balanced. i have a nice set of comps up front, but the 6x9s just over power them way to much.

i have got a pic of my old install, and what i have in there now, il upload a few, and start on my how to...

EDIT

JUST A QUICK PIC OF WHAT IT LOOKED LIKE BEFORE, I HAVE DECIDED TO WAIT UNTIL THE WEEKEND, SO I CAN GET SOME DECENT PICTURES OF THE WHOLE THING, AS I DONT REALLY HAVE MANY, PLUS I WILL BE SOUND PROOFING THE BOOT LID, AND DOORS...HERES THE OLD ONE.

for uk street racing, check www.essexracers.com