Electric Antena

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KeNiCHi

Electric Antena

Post by KeNiCHi »

I want to change the radio antena of mi Daewoo Lanos '00. Now, it has a manual one, and I want an electric.

Where can I found the needed signal wires?

I am changing radio and panel lights to blue, when finished, I'll post some pics.

Regards from Spain.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

You can find the antena in any car audio shop and all the part to put it.
ImageImage
KeNiCHi

Post by KeNiCHi »

The problem is not the antena itself, is where is the wire AUTO_ANT and 12V+???

Have I to open all the car to put the wire in the radio????
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

no, I think you need a relay (not sue if I writte it right), like the opne for the power locks.
ImageImage
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have a 2002 Lanos, and while I am putting in sound deadener for my audio system, all the paneling is removed.

I looked at the antenna and the wiring harness back there, and there is no 12v antenna wire coming out of the harness, so you will have to run a wire back there.

If you have a stock radio, you will have to splice a wire into it so you can run a wire to the back.

The diagram shows which wire it is. Double check with a volt meter just to make sure there is 12V+ on that wire ONLY when the radio is turned on.

Run the new remote turn on wire along under the dash toward the driver's side fuse box. Run the wire down behind the fuse box plastic paneling and then tuck it under the bottom edge of the plastic paneling along the carpet edge. Keep going back with it like this until you get to the back seat.
It will be helpful if you remove the back seat. To remove the back seat, you will need a 14mm socket on an extension bar for a ratchet wrench. Where the back of the back seat and the bottom cushion meet, in the center is a 14mm bolt. Remove this bolt. It will be stiff because there is blue threat lock epoxy on it, but it will come out. Once that bolt is out, tug up on the two front corners of the bottom cushion and the seat will pup up and you can then remove it.
With the seat out, you have full access to the bottom edge of the plastic paneling and room to run the new remote turn on wire.
Feed the wire back under the back of the back sat and unde the back plastic side panels. On the side, inside the hatch area is the plastic removable door where you can see the antenna connection. Feed the wire up into the plastic panel and at the same time reach down through the hole where the door was. When you grab the wire, pull it to length.

Now you have a new remote antenna turn on wire!

To reinstall the back seat, put the bottom cushion in place and line up the metal tabs with the holes in the bottom of the car. Put some weight on the seat and they will pop back into place. After that, put the 14mm bolt back in and tighten it down.

All done, the seat is in place.

If you have any other questions, just ask!

Good luck,
Cliff
KeNiCHi

Post by KeNiCHi »

Great xplain, Oz, I have a wire coming out from connector, so, better I unmount all paneling and look from where is coming.

I don't need a relay. Electric antennas come with (at least) 3 wires. +12v, come from battery, fused, of course; GND, and AUTO_ANT.

When radio is ON, puts voltage oh this wire, and the antena swiches ON and elevate. When radio is OFF, antenna comes down and powers OFF. The relay usually inside the antenna.

Where you recommend to take the permanent +12V source?