headlights

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

anb5703

headlights

Post by anb5703 »

my left head light is out..i was prob thinkin its a fuse..where can i get a new fuse and how much..or is it something else?..it used to work when i put on my high beams..but now its completely out..i just bought new lights too so it cant be the bulb..
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

If it's only only one headlight, then I don't think it's a fuse.
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: headlights

Post by daewooluvr »

anb5703 wrote:my left head light is out..i was prob thinkin its a fuse..where can i get a new fuse and how much..or is it something else?..it used to work when i put on my high beams..but now its completely out..i just bought new lights too so it cant be the bulb..
Unless you touched the bulb as you were putting it in. What happens is when you touch the glass on the bulb there is oil from your skin that gets onto the bulb. After so long the oils boil and burn out the bulb.

Try this: take the headlight bulb out of the other side and put it into the side that has a bulb burnt out. Let us know what the outcome is.

P.S. wear latex gloves if ya feel you might touch the bulb again.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
kinkyllama
Expert

Re: headlights

Post by kinkyllama »

daewooluvr wrote:
anb5703 wrote:my left head light is out..i was prob thinkin its a fuse..where can i get a new fuse and how much..or is it something else?..it used to work when i put on my high beams..but now its completely out..i just bought new lights too so it cant be the bulb..
Unless you touched the bulb as you were putting it in. What happens is when you touch the glass on the bulb there is oil from your skin that gets onto the bulb. After so long the oils boil and burn out the bulb.

Try this: take the headlight bulb out of the other side and put it into the side that has a bulb burnt out. Let us know what the outcome is.

P.S. wear latex gloves if ya feel you might touch the bulb again.

Thats what i was gonna say. I washed my hands real good before i installed mine.. i know i touched them a bit to much but still havnt had problems surpringly.. anyways.. this is pointless. lol sorry
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

I've known people who have purchased new bulbs and had them die within a week, so it could quite possibly be the bulb. If the bulbs are from eBay, then there is a chance that the cheaper ones will draw more power than your wiring harness can provide, and burn out the wiring, which then becomes rather expensive. :x

If one side is working, but the other is not, it's not a fuse. Seeing as you mentioned that the high beam still worked, if it is a dual filament bulb, it may have burn out also. If you're looking to upgrade your light look/output, then try a set of Eurolite bulbs, because they're inexpensive, and good quality.
anb5703

lights

Post by anb5703 »

wierd thing is..i had bulbs in be4 i put these in and the left went out w/ those..and then when i put the new ones in thinkin they were cuz the bub went dead it was the same thing..i bought the silvania silverstars..someone said it could be my wiring..
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

you have to make sure that u are buying the right wattage bulbs, if your car came with say 55/60 then you have to stay witht hat wattage, or you will burn fuses and if you put ina bigger fuse, then u can burn the wiring
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i got myself a set of 265/260Watts bulbs and they are working fine... i used to have 55/60Watts as stock.

oh and i upgraded the headlight relay to better manage the extra current the new bulbs draw.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267