Interior ideas for a 1999 leganza

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

mattman702 wrote:cool thanks :D ! and what color is it when it dries ?
Custard yellow that goes to a pie crust brown as it ages.
Give it a day or three to full dry & solidify. The more you use, the longer it will take to harden.

After you use the foam, I really suggest you cover the inside of the trunk lid with sound deadening material, like Second Skin ( www.secondskinaudio.com ). Charcoal grey carpet that matches the floor of the trunk looks really good, too, if you put it over the second skin sound deadener.

Ant, the owner of Second Skin Audio is a really nice guy with great prices.

I'm going to order 100 or 150 square feet from him quit soon so I can finish my car's interior and put the inside back together so it looks like a car again!

Remember, sound deadening not only keeps the road noise out of your car to make it quieter inside so the music sounds better, the bass hits MUCH harder because there is no energy loss in the body panels of the car resinating and flexing. With this in mind, the sound waves reflect back into the car so it is noticably cleaner, louder and hitting a lot harder.

If you really want to help your system sound better, sound deaden your doors, too. ... I allready have & the difference is night & day better sounding music, even with the stock speakers.
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

Thank you!!! and why dosent second skin have any pics of their products ?? :? lol
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

mattman702 wrote:Thank you!!! and why dosent second skin have any pics of their products ?? :? lol
Ant has only just put the site up and is still getting things organizd. His old web site was just sad, but he has recently gotten some (free) help with it.

His sound deadening products are amazing and have been selling really well just by word of mouth by current customers.
rwc4eva

Post by rwc4eva »

theres a few reasons i havent used any dynamat or any other kind of sound deadener in my car, 1. it sounds and hits good as f*ck with the small amp already 2. the amp fits perfect on the back of the seat it's on 3.i don't want to take everything on the car apart to put the dynamat in, although the foam stuff does sound like a good idea if i could just spray it into an opening then it wouldn't be a problem...i really need to get me a digital camera so i can post some pics of my leganza it's looking good now, i got the interior stuff pretty much done and i just got my euro plate for the front a couple weeks ago, now i want to get the car painted but i'm not sure about that yet???????/
Fa Sho
mattman702
Junior

Post by mattman702 »

Yea get youre cam out and pit some pics up!!!!