Help!!!! Hooking up SAFC 2 to my Aveo

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Help!!!! Hooking up SAFC 2 to my Aveo

Post by Brian5475E »

I know the lanos has the same wiring harness for the engine asa the Aveo. I need to know what wire is what for the ecm connectors, I need to know the wire (color, location) for the switched power, TPS, RPM signal, Map sensor, ground. Please can anyone help, I know a couple of you have installed a SAFC 2 in your lanos, please I need your help
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Um..... the engines are the same but I don't think the wiring is the same.

I haven't really checked it out but I think they moved over to a Delphi system just like the Optra/Forenza.

You should be able to go down to your local dealership and have them order you a wiring diagram for your Aveo....

Ok... I dug around.... here is the company that makes them for GM.... http://www.helminc.com/helm/homepage.asp?r=

Click on the yellow Aftermarket... Choose Chevrolet....click on service manuals...type in 2004.... click on Aveo... and click on (all types) under documents.

Hmmmm..... well it says there is no specific wiring manual you can buy separately but they do show a service manual set for $135 USD

Unfortunatly it's still not being released so perhaps GM is keeping it from being released to make sure none of the "non-dealer" repair shops can get the manuals yet.

You can however purchase the 2004 Service Info CD set for $300 but that includes manuals for every car GM has made since 1998.

I know this seems expensive.... I'm probably going to buy the entire set at some point.... perhaps I will see if 360Dynamics want's to split it with me so it doesn't cost so much.

Hmmm..... I will email him and see what he has to say about it.... I know he's puting most of his money into purchasing parts right now so I don't know if he's going to have the cash to spend on manuals.
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

yeah I just found the samething, I thought the aveo had the same ecm but guess not, are these delhi systems better than the daewoo ones? can anything be done with them, what other cars use the delphi ecm?
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Tom (360Dynamics) had a really good idea.... we have access to the service manuals for the Daewoo Lacetti (standard engine is the 1.6L engine same as Aveo)

As such I would have to think that the Daewoo Lacetti 1.6L shares the engine control system with the North American Aveo so it should have the same wiring harness.

I will try to dig up my Lacetti manual so you can compare wire colors and locations.
MrFrost

Post by MrFrost »

Erfinder wrote:You can however purchase the 2004 Service Info CD set for $300 but that includes manuals for every car GM has made since 1998.
Wow!
I bought the GM eSI Techline 2005 Service Manual Diagnostic Software
(Item Number: eSI2005-19) CD set, plus update, for $60.00. All original disks, plus just received the January update CD for $5.50. (BTW, the software goes back to 1997, not 1998) This is the same software used by all GM Tech's.

Chris might have a few sets left for sale.
Might try dropping by his business' website, and drop his an e.
cwarne@corvettedoctor.com
http://www.corvettedoctor.com/

(No, I'm not affiliated....just a very happy customer with an AVEO.) :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

:shock: Wow.... that's a great price....the best I can do is dealer cost which is $300 USD.

Hmmm.... I just found a whole set for $29.99... very tempting....Some guy in Australia is selling them on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=34214

I imagine it costs a couple bucks to get it from Australia but the site shows just $6.00 for shipping.... sounds like a great deal..... if you click on "view seller's other items" he's got four sets for sale.

I just finished buying a set...hopefully it's not "too good to be true"
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Hmmm.... actually make that 69 sets available..... each of the four listings have multiple available quantities. :D
MrFrost

Post by MrFrost »

Yep! Looks the same as what I have......and at an even better price!

The free updates is true. IF you have a fast connection. All I have in this area is Dial-Up, unfortunately, so just buy em for a nominal charge.

Congrats on your good fortune. :D
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Cool Thanks Just bought one. Now I can get this SAFC II hooked up and tune my Aveo
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

one thing i was told about SAFC II and the Greddy Emanage... if you adjust the airflow map to much it will change the timing and you could start to DET.

its hard to work off that little screen too.. still is neat little mod though

went for a ride in my friends Talon that had one and that damn thing was faster than hell... probably the fastest car i have been in yet.. rebuilt 2.0 engine with a 16g turbo at about 14 psi, its probably as fast if not faster than the Evo VIII my buddy "had"