PLease Help me remove stock cd deck

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bigtyguy

PLease Help me remove stock cd deck

Post by bigtyguy »

please tell me how to remove the stock cd deck please in a 2005 optra 5. :( I have pictures i just don't know how to post them. Please give me a shout and i will send you the pics if you need them to help me.
THanks
Ty
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I had to deal with this several months ago.... I bought an Optra 5 a few weeks after they first arrived.

It's an evil evil evil job.... and you will most likely wonder if you are going to break the bezel in half when your trying to pull the damned thing out.

I have my stereo installed and I haven't reinstalled the clips so I can give you a picture of how to go about removing it to get at the deck mounts.

I had to make totally custom stereo mounts out of L-Brackets..... a real pain in the butt.

Hopefully they've allready come out with an install kit because it's hard to get the spacing exactly right.

Basicly the first step is to unhook the cables coming from the climate control on both sides.

They will be long black cables going up into the dash (suggest removing the glove compartment)

You need to carefully pop off the clips (don't damage them.... you won't be able to hook it back up if you break them)

Then you can slide the cable end out of the control arm.

Once both of the climate control cables are unhooked from up underneath the dash you need to carefully pry out the bottom part of the bezel ( I removed allmost all my interior pieces around the bottom to make it easier )

Once you get a good grip on it you simply pull it up from the bottom.

I was sure I was going to snap it in two.... but I figured I would make a new one out of fibreglass if I broke it.

Needless to say it came out with many hard jerks.... the clips they used are very agressive and don't like to come out without removing huge chunks of plastic along the way.

I wish there was an easier way but I just don't see it.

Good luck.... I will try to post some pics for you to show all the parts and how to disasseble everything.
bigtyguy

Post by bigtyguy »

Thank you
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

Could you post the pics you mentioned? I'm going to be attempting this little excersise myself soon. From the sounds of it, I'm not lookling forward to it. :shock:
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

pics would be good, as I'll be attempting this myself soon. Thanks
ChiPPy
Junior

Post by ChiPPy »

Not sure if you still have the pics or not, but if you do, could you please post the removal steps in picture format Erfinder?
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

Erfinder@PrecisionBoost wrote:I had to deal with this several months ago.... I bought an Optra 5 a few weeks after they first arrived.

It's an evil evil evil job.... and you will most likely wonder if you are going to break the bezel in half when your trying to pull the damned thing out.

I have my stereo installed and I haven't reinstalled the clips so I can give you a picture of how to go about removing it to get at the deck mounts.

I had to make totally custom stereo mounts out of L-Brackets..... a real pain in the butt.

Hopefully they've allready come out with an install kit because it's hard to get the spacing exactly right.

Basicly the first step is to unhook the cables coming from the climate control on both sides.

They will be long black cables going up into the dash (suggest removing the glove compartment)

You need to carefully pop off the clips (don't damage them.... you won't be able to hook it back up if you break them)

Then you can slide the cable end out of the control arm.

Once both of the climate control cables are unhooked from up underneath the dash you need to carefully pry out the bottom part of the bezel ( I removed allmost all my interior pieces around the bottom to make it easier )

Once you get a good grip on it you simply pull it up from the bottom.

I was sure I was going to snap it in two.... but I figured I would make a new one out of fibreglass if I broke it.

Needless to say it came out with many hard jerks.... the clips they used are very agressive and don't like to come out without removing huge chunks of plastic along the way.

I wish there was an easier way but I just don't see it.

Good luck.... I will try to post some pics for you to show all the parts and how to disasseble everything.
shared your pain a few months ago.....was damn troublesome.....

thinking of fabricating a holder for my JVC unit for easy removal by L-Brackets provided by JVC. Any suggestions or dimensions?
Optra (A) 1.6
= Regrettably Stock =
except for:
> a miserable JVC MP3 Headunit