car heater-quick reply plz...thanks

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosguy

car heater-quick reply plz...thanks

Post by lanosguy »

Hi guys, the heater on my lanos has gone funny...the speed (off and 1-4) works and the temp. works, but the position hasn't been working (face, feet, windscreen, etc) can anyone help?

Thanks,
Sean

P.S. I am going to take it apart today and have a look too.
like the lanos
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

under the drivers side... roughly when looking under there it'll be under/behind the center dash. You'll see a little metal cable and a plastic holder... i'm gaurenteein' thats probably you're problem... (happens to alot of people :))
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

yeah, i found the cable on the back of the knob controls...then I found the white plastic bit attached to the car with a lot of white grease on it (other end of the metal cable) and that just seems to not like moving...I move it manually, and it is fine, but it won't move with the knob...any ideas? The cable is clipped on at both ends

***EDIT*** Found out that the white plastic bit moves when the knob is turned counter clockwise (from windscreen to face-only positions) but will not move when turned clockwise...could this be the spring.
like the lanos
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Trust us, it's the cable itself. This goes bad ALOT. The plastic clip on the one end always breaks. The cable is only like $10 and it takes about 30 minutes to replace.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

right, ok so i will have to get a new cable (thanks :) ) I will have search the place for a new 1 lol...live in the UK
like the lanos
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

anyone know where I can get this cable (either shop or internet)in the UK?
like the lanos