Upgrading Woo with Factory Options Aftermarket, HELP PLEASE

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DavesDaewoo
Super

Upgrading Woo with Factory Options Aftermarket, HELP PLEASE

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Hey guys, well ive talked to cliff about this part already but a little more insight may be nice before i tear apart my dash

I have a 2002 Lanos Hatch with no options, or very few anyway, Not even foglights,

Question 1
The foglights are on the car and i believe all the wiring is there, cliff was saying that daewoo will sell the switch for 12.95 or something close to that, does anyone know if the wiring is all there or just mostly? I would imagine the wiring is right up to the dummy plate but maybe someone has investigated this before

Question 2
Same for the Clock in the middle of the display, Are the wires there for it, I would imagine its all the same wiring harness with a dummy plate over the wiring, But LMK please

Question 3
By the way it looks most of the options for the lanos are on the car just unavailible until pyou buy switches or whathave it, BUT I would like A/C in my car as well, im wondering what parts i would need to buy to install the A/C maybe some parts or wiring is in the car, perhaps someone can help theres gotta be someone here whos put in a/c aftermarket.

Question 4
I want an alarm on my car, Well, apparently i have one installed already, It looks like theres a cable going through the clutch which would have me believe it is an autostart alarm as well, I just need a remote, but to get a remote i need the brain so i can get the make, Where would you hide the brains to an alarm? I mean everyone says follow the wiring, but its soo well concealed and i dont feel like ripping apart my car in random places, maybe someone has an idea, like where theres is installed or w/e and i can start by looking there.

and finally

Question 5, well more of a complaint really

What the heck is with the lanos, My cup holder is A) broken and b) doesnt fit a bottle of pop, no cupholders will fit it the damn car either LOL, so i need a new centerconsol, any ideas?

Thanks everyone for anyhelp you are willing to give me, I want all these little upgrades but i dont have time to mindlessly tear apart my dash as i do work 2 fulltime jobs id rather not spend my only time to sleep ripping apart a dash then putting it back together in time to go to work.

Thanks AGAIN
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: Upgrading Woo with Factory Options Aftermarket, HELP PLE

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

DavesDaewoo wrote:Hey guys, well ive talked to cliff about this part already but a little more insight may be nice before i tear apart my dash

I have a 2002 Lanos Hatch with no options, or very few anyway, Not even foglights,
Just like my Lanos, no extra options other than A/C. :)
Question 1
The foglights are on the car and i believe all the wiring is there, cliff was saying that daewoo will sell the switch for 12.95 or something close to that, does anyone know if the wiring is all there or just mostly? I would imagine the wiring is right up to the dummy plate but maybe someone has investigated this before
Well, that may only be partially true. Did you buy your car used or add the fog lights yourself? Someone may have added the lights, in an attempt to upgrade, only to find no wiring harness available and then stop.
Question 2
Same for the Clock in the middle of the display, Are the wires there for it, I would imagine its all the same wiring harness with a dummy plate over the wiring, But LMK please
My Lanos does not have any extra wiring harness connections than those that are actually used. It has the dash clock, but no harness connection for the fog light switch. There is also no wiring harnes in the doors for power windows or locks.
Question 3
By the way it looks most of the options for the lanos are on the car just unavailible until pyou buy switches or whathave it, BUT I would like A/C in my car as well, im wondering what parts i would need to buy to install the A/C maybe some parts or wiring is in the car, perhaps someone can help theres gotta be someone here whos put in a/c aftermarket.
I'm not sure of ALL the parts needed, but the include:
-Condensor
-AC pump & belt (your car may need a different pulley to allow the AC pump belt)
-Evaporator
-That silver canister thing connected to the condensor
-The AC dash switch
-All the pipes and hoses that connect the pump, condensor and evaporator
-Wiring harness (you will probably need to make this)

I'm sure there are more parts needed, but I don't have a diagram or parts list.
Question 4
I want an alarm on my car, Well, apparently i have one installed already, It looks like theres a cable going through the clutch which would have me believe it is an autostart alarm as well, I just need a remote, but to get a remote i need the brain so i can get the make, Where would you hide the brains to an alarm? I mean everyone says follow the wiring, but its soo well concealed and i dont feel like ripping apart my car in random places, maybe someone has an idea, like where theres is installed or w/e and i can start by looking there.
As far ask I know, Daewoo never offered a factory remote start with their factory alarm. The factory alarm was never added by itself to a car, it required one or more of the upgrade packages.
Again, of your car is used, someone may have added an after market alarm.

Is your car an automatic?
It does not need a cable to disengage the clutch to start if it is. If it is a 5 speed, the remote starter alarms are supposed to only function if the transmission is in neutral and the hand (parking) brake is engaged. To start, it only needs to bypass the clutch switch that keeps the car from starting without it being pressed to the floor, not the clutch actually being disengaged via cable.
and finally

Question 5, well more of a complaint really

What the heck is with the lanos, My cup holder is A) broken and b) doesnt fit a bottle of pop, no cupholders will fit it the damn car either LOL, so i need a new centerconsol, any ideas?
You are talking about the slide-out-from-the-dash cup holder?
A replacement one is available, probably for really cheap at www.car-parts.com
The same with an orrigional center console. You might want to buy an extra OEM one and if you are not good with fabricating car interior parts, get a quote from a local custom shop to add a cup holder to the center console and have them make it look factory. Yes, that can be done. :)
Thanks everyone for anyhelp you are willing to give me, I want all these little upgrades but i dont have time to mindlessly tear apart my dash as i do work 2 fulltime jobs id rather not spend my only time to sleep ripping apart a dash then putting it back together in time to go to work.

Thanks AGAIN

I hope this is of some help!
Any more questions and we'll do what we can,

:)

Cliff
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Just a heads up. Remote starters on manual cars in most states in the US is illegal. Not like we all don't break some laws. but be careful.
DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

Alright guys, Well first of all lol, the foglights look like the normal ones on any other lanos, not an aftermarket at all, i guess things change in the US from here i dont really know so maybe ill have to rip it apart and see if the harness is there, As for the remote starter alarm, i still havent been able to find the brain anywhere, I know it may be illegal to have remote start for manual tranny's in the US but im in canada so im safe here lol, but still need to find the brain, any ideas? I forgot all the other ?'s and answers but very helpful indeed, maybe ill rip apartr a scrap lanos and take some wiring harnesses lol

Thanks alot guys

Dave
avekaria

Re: Upgrading Woo with Factory Options Aftermarket, HELP PLE

Post by avekaria »

I have the same issue, I do not have fog light nor a clock. I was wondering if the harnesses are there? I have not disassembled it yet.