Heater control

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buckiemick

Heater control

Post by buckiemick »

Hi from a newbie to the world of Lanos and this interesting site !
I`ve just got my hands on a `99 Lanos S and one of the first niggles I`d like to sort is that heater direction control switch "doesn`t" ie I have all fan speeds and heat but the blown air only exits from the dash centre and outer vents no matter which direction is selected on dial. obviously this is annoying-foggy screen and cold toes aint ideal...any suggestions and practical help would be great thanks.
Daniel
Expert

Re: Heater control

Post by Daniel »

Hi,
Seems to be a common problem on Lanos. http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=13222 .
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

or reach under the dash to the right of the steering column and locate the metal rod and manually change it. i dont' recommend doing this while driving, but it can be done. Pushing the rod all the way forward is for the defroster, pull towards you for floor.
or read the post that discusses this problem and fix it the right way. I can't seem to get under there and see what I am doing upside down so I do it manually?
buckiemick

Post by buckiemick »

Hi again and many thanks-took the dash apart and found the relevant cable attached to the selector dial and appeared to be operating correctly at that end.Got down on my hands and knees and located the business end and managed to operate it manually as suggested and OMG not sure when the screen blower last worked but it must have been when Noah was a boy because there was years of dust blown all over the inside of my car !!! Now all mI`ve got to do is find out why it aint working properly....ho-hum !
Puddle31
Super

Post by Puddle31 »

yes, if let on its own it seems to vibrate into a position between dash, floor and a little on defrost. If you push it all the way towards the firewall it goes on defrost. the end of that metal portion fits into a plastic tab and I guess it breaks there. some of these guys have glued it and made it work again. I can't seem to get under there and have enough room to see what I am doing, but I can manually move the cable under the dash to get it where I want it. Only problem is it doesn't stay there. good luck and let us know how it works out.