Central locking not locking all doors.

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Shelly_p

Central locking not locking all doors.

Post by Shelly_p »

Hi guys,
I have a 2002 Daewoo Lanos Sport 3 door hatch..
The problem i'm having is when I goto get out and lock the car, the two doors lock fine, but the hatch is a little hit and miss... well more miss than hit at the moment. It rarely locks at all now with the central locking, I generally have to go around and manually lock the hatch with the key.

However when you unlock the car as normal, the hatch will unlock with the other doors..

I have noticed though, that there's not as much of a noticeble "thud" when the doors lock now as there used to be when it was all working properly.

Was just wondering where I should start looking first?
Would the problem be somewhere in the hatch's central locking bits, or further along somewhere in the line?

It's starting to bug me now, i'm not always on the ball enough to remember to check the hatch everytime I get out of the car, sometimes I come back from a shift after work and realise the hatch wasn't locked.

Any ideas/help greatly appreciated :)
2002 Daewoo Lanos Sports 3dr Hatch
Shelly_p

Re: Central locking not locking all doors.

Post by Shelly_p »

Well, I think I found the problem, the actuator in the hatch will unlock it, but it won't pull back to unlock it, broken somewhere inside.. Replacement actuator is AU$138 plus tax.. so going to look for other sources for the actuator..
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

i got my central locking kit for $20 at repco... you should be able to use one from that

or if you pay postage, i could send you one
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Shelly_p

Post by Shelly_p »

Managed to get onto a guy who installs central locking units to cars, and he had a huge stash of leftover actuators from installations to Utes n such. So I managed to score 2 actuators for $5.

Small modification later and I had a locking/unlocking hatch again (this actuator was slightly longer, had to drill new holes) but YAY! much better than paying $150 for the part
^_^