Annoying chime bell

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Annoying chime bell

Post by Daniel »

:minigun: annoying chime bell :chain:

As some of you, I like tinkering around my car leaving the doors open while listening to music. But that pleasure is nullified by the annoying “dong” of the chime module constantly active.
I didn’t want to completely remove this alert but simply leave some “dong” until it stops, just as with seatbelts.
As I wanted to keep it simple I'm told that a capacitor could be a temporary grounding “TK” path when driver door opens. And than the charging time of capacitor determine the number of “dong”.
A discharge resistor is added to the capacitor to “reset” it when the driver door is closed again.

So I found in my case that a 470μF/25V capacitor and 100Kohms resistor left about 8 ~ 10 "dong" before extinction, which is a little special, like a cat coughing ;)
I’ve only tested this feature on my Nubira equipped with the "bell chime" as in the pic. There may be other "chime bell" not compatible with that but it’s up to you to find if your vehicle can accept this modification.

This simple circuit is to be placed “in line” with the (BRN) wire coming from “chime module” to “driver door open switch”. Respect capacitor polarity.
I was lucky to get two small 220µF capacitors (giving 440µF) that goes trough the pillar’s hole. Note the SMD 100K (104) resistor between capacitor’s legs.

Enjoy,