Problems with back window (Mercedes Benz 1987)

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buddha102
Expert

Problems with back window (Mercedes Benz 1987)

Post by buddha102 »

So as most of u know my dad owns a 1987 MB 300D turbo... since we bought the car we were doing repairs mostly everyday it was that bad, but now it runs better than we bought it so we moved on to "small" things, such as fixing the back windows.

We checked for electricity in the wiring and it was good but the windows dint work... so i got new motor for it (from junk yard) and the motor works BUT when its hooked on to the battery... when i hook it up to the wire (black = negative) (green = positive) they dont work, so i moved the ground cable (-) to the chasis and it worked but it worked all the time (it was spinning) so i press the switch up, nothing, it was still spinning. then i pressed down and it stopped then i released it and it started to spin again....

any1 know how to fix this problem? suggestions? i checked on google i talked about some relay, i have to check it tom... to late now

its a pain in the ass, spent 5 hrs talking everything apart and was disappointed at the end :cry:

help will be appreciated :smt001
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Problems with back window (Mercedes Benz 1987)

Post by wolfsreign »

like mofo would ALWAYS say;
"sounds like a relay is stuck open"
lol. i would say the same thing. also might be that the original wire grnd is hooked up to a different relay, meaning the window might be connected to 2 or more relays hooked together...?
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

well, we tested the motor, and it works, the switch gets power in the front and in the back...

but we checked the fuse box, and guess what? the relays are not what they have to be, we need 5 pin relay instead of 6 pin... so basically the relays are fucked...

and the price for them are not that cheap also... 80$ for 1 small relay which is ridiculous...

but we dont care about that no more... now I have to spent 300$ for diesel injector nozzles cause they are not working right... after we done with that, we are going to sell the car....

the mercedes we bought turn out to be worst mercedes ever... to fix the car u need same mercedes as that one.... ridiculous :|
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

good luck with the fixes, but look at the year. my old '88 mistubishi prices is a horrbile car for parts.
~wolf
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

see, if the last owner took care of the car it would be a good car.... but inside was shit and was running in poor condition... mostly nothing worked in there... and he put 2 screws for dry wall on the door to keep it together....

i think still it was waist of money putting into the car itself...