number plate light not working time to do a runner

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

thatslife1

number plate light not working time to do a runner

Post by thatslife1 »

Hi every body :smt039
Can some one help with a problem I am having with my Daewoo lanos 3 door 1.5 litre euro model 2001
My rear number plate globes are no longer working :smt120 :smt120 :smt120
I have replaced two new globes as one of them blew and I thought I would replace the two at the same time as this is the first time that I have had to replace any globes on my car since I had bought it brand new in 2001, now making it go on for 8 yrs old.
I noticed the globes still didn’t work and on more investigating I realized that when I opened the back door, the globes came on as I had the door opened halfway up and then they went off when the door was fully open, then came on again when I went to close the door again when it reached the halfway mark again. :smt119
It appears to be in the wires that run through the top left hand cable area that is covered by a black casing running from the body of the car to the back door. I am assuming that there must be a break in the number plate wires only as everything else works. :smt116 :smt116
Has anybody had this problem, if so can you please advice what I need to do :smt098
Thanx Nola
HMMM...not looking good, have i just jinxed myself or what??? My hubbys checked out his 2001 daewoo to see if his number plate lights were working..and guess what?? Yep..unbelievable, his lights arent working either so now we have to fix the two daewoos with the same problem. :cry: It must be a common fault....otherwise it is our crazy driving.. :badgrin: .ha ha..i am only joking..we do drive a bit like old farts...Anyway i am curious if anyone else has noticed if their globes are out too as its not an obvious thing to notice unless you are looking for it.... :?:
Last edited by thatslife1 on Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMamdouh

Re: number plate light not working time to do a runner

Post by MMamdouh »

you have got the right diagnosis

check wiring from globes throughout the hatch till the point it "jumps" the hatch and into the car' body... odds are this is where you got the problem as it is the area were the wires are always strained by repetitive open\close of the hatch

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
thatslife1

Re: number plate light not working time to do a runner

Post by thatslife1 »

Thanx for your reply... :D
do you know if theres a connection close to the top where the wires come out from the body to the back door or do i have to disassemble the back inner panels? :smt017
I am not sure if you can replace just the one wire or if i would have to replace the whole piece. :smt105