Voltage Stabilizers do they work?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

buddha102
Expert

Voltage Stabilizers do they work?

Post by buddha102 »

Title says it all. I got a rpm guage hooked up to the battery and its kinda dim... because 2x happended that my RPM guage was much brighter than before. Will the voltage stabilizer work?
wolfsreign
Expert

Re: Voltage Stabilizers do they work?

Post by wolfsreign »

they most likely work, never used one before.
but for the light on the gauge, it sounds like the light +/- is straight to the battery, meaning its on all the time, then.. it might be a voltage thing, b.c usually the battery will be at 13 or 14v when the car is running b.c the alternator..
usually youre supposed to hook up the light wires with the cluster gauge lighting wires, thus when you turn on the lights, when your cluster lights are on, also your gauge is on. plus, when i did my rpm gauge, the volts on the cluster wires came up at around 12.04 i think.
but also MAYBE if its not straight to the battery, your dimmer dial might be affecting it.. just a thought..
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

naa tried the dimmer thing, dint work.... im thinking buying it, its only 20$ so, its not 50$ item....

i searched in google and i found that it helps if u have sound system in ur car.... so it might be same for gauges, etc. :)

thx 4 reply
wolfsreign
Expert

Post by wolfsreign »

hmm well with sound you can over power/cook the things...
my other new suggestion is volt meter it. :/ see if the wire at the actual RPM are getting the correct number. and on top of that.. the bulb in the gauge might be a low wattage.. just another idea. like household bulbs.. >.< high the wattage usually means the brighter.. my rpm gauge was $20 usd and is has a little push button to change the led color.. 7 colors.. hahaha
Death smiles at man, all man can do is smile back. :)

'00 3dr Lanos HB
-straight piped exhaust
-maroon>black
-short piping intake